Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Standard Mount System

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    No kidding, which one? They seemed pretty invested in the DPP footprint with the R1Pro.
    Sig Sauer ROMEO Zero R 2 MOA / 32 MOA Circle Dot

• Fits the Trijicon RMR footprint
    • Carbon infused weaponsgrade ultralight housing
    • Increased Shock and Drop protection
    • Aspherical Glass lens with zero distortion
    • Touch activated programming for reticle selection
    • Up to 20,000 hours of runtime
    • 2 moa red dot/32 moa circle dot
    • Steel Shroud included

Some other new SIG optic releases this year...

Sig Sauer ROMEO Zero Pro 2 MOA / 32 MOA Circle Dot

Sig Sauer ROMEO Zero Elite 2 MOA / 32 MOA Circle Dot
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Depending on the layout of the guts of the slide, a firearms manufacturer will probably choose a footprint that best suits their design. In SIG's case, they want to sell their optics, on their guns.

It could also be a matter of cost. If one footprint takes more time to mill, that is an incurred cost that eats at the profit margins. Based on the market, I don't think most manufacturers are worried sales. The consumer is buying everything regardless of the footprint. The industry of adapter plates is also profitable. Most popular firearms can be adapted to most popular RDS footprints.

I’m a big fan of the ACRO and 509T mounting systems. We’ve been using 1913 rails to mount optics and other accessories to rifles for a couple of decades now and it seems to work pretty well. These footprints/mounting systems are like miniature 1913 rails. They seem to be much more durable and less failure prone than the top-down screw method. If my agency approves the ACRO P2 as an authorized MRDS and Glock ever releases the MOS guns cut specifically for the ACRO to the commercial US market, I’d get one and likely not look back until something actually revolutionary came out.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List