Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen4's - Good to Go Yet?

Apparently I got a good G17 Gen4, just hit 4850rds during the AFHF in Indianapolis with zero malfunctions. The first 2300 rounds were during a 2000 round challenge, the only ejected rounds hitting me in the head (10 total) were while shooting strong hand only. There is an Apex extractor on the way just in case it starts acting up but so far so good.

Too bad they they forgot about Gen3s

Site Supporter
    Quick question\clarification on the function of a Glock. The answer to this question may help determine the root cause of why I was getting hit in the face with brass. I was doing some dry fire practice tonight and I noticed that after I pulled the trigger, and I would recock the gun, the firing pin would be visible on the breach face. Should that be occurring? It was my understanding that the firing pin should be recessed after pulling th trigger. Thanks in advance for your input.

Just got my Apex extractor installed in my G17, nothing earth shattering to report after 250 rounds. Ejection was much more positive at 3:30-4:00, got hit on the brim of the hat once. With the stock extractor, ejection was inconsistent even though there were no malfunctions. Removed the Apex extractor from the slide and there were zero wear marks, unlike the stock extractor.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    My latest Gen4 17 experience.

Gun is a 2010 production. Between 1100 and 1500 rounds it began stove piping and sending brass back to my face repeatedly. I called Glock and it was sent back. I got it back a week later with an updated Ejector. I took it to the range and ran 300 rounds through it with one stove pipe but the brass to the face was resolved.

Latest range trip: 200 rounds of WWB and Blazer brass went fine doing dot torture. Opened a new box of Blazer brass and almost every single round fired came back and hit me in the head. It got bad enough that as I got to the end of my third magazine I was ducking the brass coming back at me. It is now going back to Glock for a second time. My Gen3 26 that I brought to the range that day ate and ejected everything I fed it.

I got used to the Gen4 grip and I love the mag release but I will not purchase any more 9mm gen4's until this one gets fixed or replaced.
    Latest update,

Mine is being replaced by Glock, they could not fix it.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Latest update,

Interesting. Are you getting a new Gen 4?

I am at almost 4k rounds with my 2009 Gen 4 17RTF, absolutely no ejection related issues. Some FTRTB but I finally diagnosed that as a bum RSA, replacement with a new OEM part brought it up to 100% function. Maybe 2009 is the cutoff? Hard to say...

Latest update,

Does Glock pay for shipping round trip for your pistol, when it needs to be fixed?

Glock 17 Gen 4 test fired 09/20/12

First 300 rounds and I'm off to a better start with my Gen 4 G17, no BTTF, no malfunctions, a few Independence rounds dribbled out with a few at 6:00 but did not hit me in the face, HST functions very well and Redline reloads function real well. This one is off to a better start than my Gen 4 G19 test fired in March of 2012.

Site Supporter
    Are you shooting it with the light attached?

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Are you shooting it with the light attached?

Yes! I shot both with and without all three ammos.

And if I run into any problems I have Apex's Prototype extractor to correct ejection.

User Tag List