Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen4's - Good to Go Yet?

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    The Gen 4 G17 (FDE) I've been wringing out lately has superbly consistent ejection patterns for 710 rds and is suggesting it's insanely accurate. But I need more data to know for sure. http://www.flickr.com/photos/7803618...in/photostream
    That's crazy.

In response to other posts,

Gen4/Gen3 are the same price through Glocks for Grads, who I'm ordering through.

Thinking about having an engraving on the top of the slide in front of the rear sight.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
    -Psalm 144:1

My benched group was insane as well. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    My benched group was insane as well. Seriously.
    Please elaborate.

The two FDE Gen 3 17's my wife and I got a few months back, seem especially accurate -- as in equal to a Gen 4 17. I seem to recall DocGKR posting that he has been seeing Gen 4 17's shooting two inch groups at 25 yards, compared to 3-4 inches at 25 for the Gen 3 pistols. Unfortunately, even after switching to the five digit ejector and a new extractor, my wife's Gen 3 FDE 17 is still not reliable. I have a pre-LCI old extractor incoming, and hope to get an Apex extractor soon to see if they resolve the problems for her.

FWIW, at GSSF matches the Armorers will change out the ejectors or any other "bad" parts while you wait. See GSSFonline.com . They have many matches throughout the year and USA there may be one near you, if you need service.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The two FDE Gen 3 17's my wife and I got a few months back, seem especially accurate -- as in equal to a Gen 4 17. I seem to recall DocGKR posting that he has been seeing Gen 4 17's shooting two inch groups at 25 yards, compared to 3-4 inches at 25 for the Gen 3 pistols. Unfortunately, even after switching to the five digit ejector and a new extractor, my wife's Gen 3 FDE 17 is still not reliable. I have a pre-LCI old extractor incoming, and hope to get an Apex extractor soon to see if they resolve the problems for her.
    I've got a couple spare pre-LCI extractors in the tacklebox but I understand you also need the matching pre-LCI little spring and doodad too. I assume I can order those from Glockparts.com or Glockmeister etc. Probably help if I figure out what the doodads are called.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    I haven't had any problems with my recent gen 4 G19 (test fire date was early June), however, I've only put about 250 rounds through it. There were two or three of 6:00 ejections in the first 50-75 rounds, but nothing since. No failures. Ammo has been a mix of bulk Federal Champion, WWB, American Eagle, and Winchester 9mm NATO.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I've got a couple spare pre-LCI extractors in the tacklebox but I understand you also need the matching pre-LCI little spring and doodad too. I assume I can order those from Glockparts.com or Glockmeister etc. Probably help if I figure out what the doodads are called.

Extractor depressor plunger, extractor depressor plunger spring, spring loaded bearing. Order according to caliber.

Well it's encouraging to hear better reports. Since I might try and find a Gen4 19 tomorrow, is there any clear way to determine if it's a recent production gun (gun don't move the fastest up here so who knows how long a gun has sat in the store)?

any experiences with new 9mm Gen4s which test fired in year 2012 ??
    they are still
    MIM Extractor + 336 Ejector ? Or
    non MIM Extractor + 336 Ejector ?
    non MIM Extractor + 30274 Ejector ?

User Tag List