Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen4's - Good to Go Yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    I think the Internet has blown the issues way out of proportion. I work for a major firearms retailer and I haven't seen a single gen4 gun come back for issues; as a rough estimate too I'd say we sell more gen4 19's than just about any other handgun.
    Most people don't shoot a handgun much tho.

Over-extrapolation of data, internet hysteria, lack of common definitions, lack of meaningful diagnostics... What's not to love? Gotta love the interwebs.

Quote Originally Posted by Westtexasrancher View Post
    Most people don't shoot a handgun much tho.
    Maybe not much by your standards but my Gen 4 G17 just hit 48,000 flawless rounds today.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Maybe not much by your standards but my Gen 4 G17 just hit 48,000 flawless rounds today.
    Obviously the people here are the exception. I mean in general, most people buying guns don't shoot them a lot.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    ...my Gen 4 G17 just hit 48,000 flawless rounds today.
    God, that word grinds me to a halt.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Westtexasrancher View Post
    Obviously the people here are the exception. I mean in general, most people buying guns don't shoot them a lot.
    Yup. I suspect that for anything other than a .22, a couple of boxes once a month would at the high end for the typical handgun owner. At that rate it'd take a few years for the reported extraction problems to appear.

Maybe not much by your standards but my Gen 4 G17 just hit 48,000 trouble free rounds today.

Tamara, Is this better?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    God, that word grinds me to a halt.
    Me too.

Site Supporter
    Maybe not much by your standards but my Gen 4 G17 just hit 48,000 trouble free rounds today.

Tamara, Is this better?
    I think it's doubt. You've never had a single failure to extract, failure to feed, failure to fire, failure to eject, nothing?

That's impressive. So impressive people are doubtful. What do you do to your gun and what lube do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    I think it's doubt. You've never had a single failure to extract, failure to feed, failure to fire, failure to eject, nothing?

That's impressive. So impressive people are doubtful. What do you do to your gun and what lube do you use?

Nothing, and I have no reason to mislead anyone relative to this. It has probably been 6+ years since I had an issue with any of my Glocks and several others had the same issue on the range at the same time with the same ammunition. Some of the 9mm WWB from the same batch failed to fire. I suppose it was a primer issue.
    I clean and lube all new pistols before shooting and repeat after shooting. I use Weapon Shield CLP for cleaning and lubricate with 3 parts Mobil 1 20W50 and 1 part Dextron ATF. I believe in preventative maintenance and only shoot factory ammunition.

User Tag List