Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Springfield Champion Operator for carry

Springfield Champion Operator for carry

I recently decided that I wanted to try a light equipped 1911 for carry. I then decided a Springfield Champion Operator would make a great starting point. So I found a lightly used one on Gunbroker and began ordering parts. New parts ordered were 10-8 .140" rear sight, 10-8 grip screws, 10-8 mag catch, 10-8 flat trigger, 10-8 grips in black/grey with super scoop, Nighthawk 1 piece magwell, Wilson Combat flat wire recoil setup and (4) Wilson Combat 8rd ETM mags in black.

Before:

After:

Here's the Kydex holster and mag pouch I made for my new setup.

"I'd rather be lucky than good any day!"

Looks awesome!

Does that have a bull barrel, or a bushing?
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave
    My wife has already written my obituary which, in part, attributes my death to complications from my second penis reduction surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    Looks awesome!
    Agreed. Good looking pistol (and kydex), have you wrung it out yet?
    Out of curiosity, what made you go for a commander length gun if you are going to run the light?

Thank you for the replies and compliments gentlemen. It has the bull barrel. I haven't got to put many rounds through it yet with the holidays. Only about 250 but I'm happy with it so far. I don't really have a good reason for choosing a commander length gun except I like the weight savings over a full size all steel gun, I like the way it looks, the way it shoots, and I've never attempted carrying that size before.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
    Thank you for the replies and compliments gentlemen. It has the bull barrel. I haven't got to put many rounds through it yet with the holidays. Only about 250 but I'm happy with it so far. I don't really have a good reason for choosing a commander length gun except I like the weight savings over a full size all steel gun, I like the way it looks, the way it shoots, and I've never attempted carrying that size before.
    Cool, best of luck with it.

Nice work on the Kydex and I like the upgrades.
    #RESIST

Thanks! I hope to take a class with the whole setup in March so that should show me any shortcomings!

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
    Thanks! I hope to take a class with the whole setup in March so that should show me any shortcomings!
    Who made the kydex?

I really wish Springfield would make a true steel framed, railed Commander with bushing.

I'd be all over it, yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave
    My wife has already written my obituary which, in part, attributes my death to complications from my second penis reduction surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    I really wish Springfield would make a true steel framed, railed Commander with bushing.
    Same here.

User Tag List