Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pretty thrilling save by LAPD

Pretty thrilling save by LAPD

#RESIST

Saw that over on the policeposts IG page. Great job.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Truly impressive and heroic.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Wow!

Teamwork made it possible. One of the best videos I've ever seen.
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    0_o

If someone had written that into a movie, I would have rolled my eyes.

ETA: Imagine trying to tell that story without the video: "So I was at the end of my shift when a guy crash landed a plane onto the train tracks...."
    Last edited by Chance; 01-10-2022 at 05:15 PM.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    The insurance claim for the airplane should be epic.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

The body-cam shows four (plus the camera guy, so five) officers. There is room only for two of them when it comes to removing the pilot. Three officers (including the body-cam guy) are pretty much just standing around in the event they might find something useful to do.

Those three are the wonder. Loyalty to the team? In spades. Commitment to the job? Spades. Judgement? Zero.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    The body-cam shows four (plus the camera guy, so five) officers. There is room only for two of them when it comes to removing the pilot. Three officers (including the body-cam guy) are pretty much just standing around in the event they might find something useful to do.

Those three are the wonder. Loyalty to the team? In spades. Commitment to the job? Spades. Judgement? Zero.
    I would think the extra guys were there to pull the other officers out of the way if they couldn't rescue the pilot in time.
    But don't know that for sure.

One was watching up the track for the oncoming train. The guys working on the extrication couldn’t do that.

You always want someone on your team who’s NOT distracted by looking at the patient.

Site Supporter

There's something I've noticed about damn near every truly heroic act ever performed - there was almost always a better way to save the day.
    I'm grateful that bona-fide heroes just do the best they can with what they know and have at the time, instead of hesitating or agonizing over perfection.

Yes, there's lessons to be learned in every emergency, and I think that's the point you're trying to make.
    But it'd do some good for this world if we all took a little more time to appreciate the remarkable bravery and the good outcome from that bravery before we start sharpshooting their actions.

User Tag List