Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HK MP5 22LR

HK MP5 22LR

Got notification that these came back in stock.

https://grabagun.com/heckler-and-koc...25-rounds.html

I don’t own a 22LR rifle at this time and was going to SBR my Kriss Vector 22LR…

But rather than pay $200 to put a stock on, I could get this… with a similar looking grip angle to the MPX.

I could run it in steel challenge or goof around or maybe it’d be something my kid could learn on eventually.

But they only come with one mag.

So I bought two guns to have an extra mag, lol.

Site Supporter
    I bought one of the GSG variants before the HK trade dress lawsuit. SBR'd it and put a can on it. Looks like this...

Name:  wgc_le_umarex_mp5kpdw.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  63.4 KB

A lotta fun to shoot, and great for non/new shooters to play with. I put actual HK diopter sights on mine...

pat

Are these made by Umarex? I wonder how they hold up and run over time, accuracy good too?

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Are these made by Umarex? I wonder how they hold up and run over time, accuracy good too?
    Yes Umarex in Germany and watching review videos the triggers look pretty decent to run fast.

I might use them for steel challenge to be stupid.

Site Supporter
    That looks like it would be a lot of fun. Now I’m checking one out…

Hope the trigger pack isn’t as stupid-heavy as all the other Umarex HK and Hammerli pieces. 9 pounds out of the box is common- you can do some spring work to get it down to 4.5# or so, but I would never call it “decent to run fast” compared to something actually good, like an AR Gold, SSA-E, etc.

At least they are pretty crisp. Just ridiculously heavy (as in “is the safety on?”) heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Hope the trigger pack isn’t as stupid-heavy as all the other Umarex HK and Hammerli pieces. 9 pounds out of the box is common- you can do some spring work to get it down to 4.5# or so, but I would never call it “decent to run fast” compared to something actually good, like an AR Gold, SSA-E, etc.

At least they are pretty crisp. Just ridiculously heavy (as in “is the safety on?”) heavy.
    Watching the videos of people running them really fast I would think it’s less than that. Mine shipped so I should be able to let you know in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Watching the videos of people running them really fast I would think it’s less than that. Mine shipped so I should be able to let you know in the future.
    The only credible reviews I’ve found tag the trigger weight, out of the box, at 7-8 lbs. with a fairly long take up. So, it sounds pretty similar to the Umarex pieces I have. As mentioned, you can do some work on the trigger packs to improve on it. My 416 is much better than it came out of the box after doing some work on it, but still, not what anyone would call a match trigger.

On the other hand both my HK and Hammerli (with identical internals) have been quite reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    The only credible reviews I’ve found tag the trigger weight, out of the box, at 7-8 lbs. with a fairly long take up. So, it sounds pretty similar to the Umarex pieces I have. As mentioned, you can do some work on the trigger packs to improve on it. My 416 is much better than it came out of the box after doing some work on it, but still, not what anyone would call a match trigger.

On the other hand both my HK and Hammerli (with identical internals) have been quite reliable.
    I can work with a 7# with reliability.

I bought some of those springs that take it down to a 4.5 if that maintains reliability.

My MPX has a 4.5 pound trigger. I’d take a little margin of reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I can work with a 7# with reliability.

I bought some of those springs that take it down to a 4.5 if that maintains reliability.

My MPX has a 4.5 pound trigger. I’d take a little margin of reliability.
    I’m sure it will run fine with decent ammo. I might just give my 416 a bit of Steel Challenge action later this month myself- I’m already shooting CO and LTD for that match, so why not add a third category? That thing is a tack-driver as it is, 4.5# pull notwithstanding.

I also kind of like the idea of getting the pistol version of this thing, paying the tax man his ounce of flesh and pile of paperwork, and putting a can and stock on it, just for giggles.

User Tag List