Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kydex Magazine Pouch Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    When I tighten my belt enough to properly support my pistol, there is no way my Kytex mag pouch is coming off.
    Uh-oh. Tempting fate is tricky business!😁

I know the OP has ordered something else already, but for those who like the Kytex pouches, check out the Ready Tactical versions. I’ve found the to be a little more secure on the belt because the little wings overlap the body of the pouch better. The Kydex is also thicker than in the Kytex pouches. If I hadn’t transitioned to AIWB spare mag carry and I was still generally carrying my magazines on the hip, I would be wearing 1-2 of these pouches. SKD Tactical stocks them. I haven’t looked at other vendors.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I just ordered a Kramer horsehide double magazine pouch.

This is very different from my original request for information at the beginning of this thread. I had used the Kramer pouches for years, but they are expensive, potentially limiting on belt placement with the belt tunnel that takes up the entire width of the pouch, subject to perspiration as with any leather, and not always easy to adjust the tension screw. However, they are more compact than almost any other solution I have seen, conceal very well, and have always held my magazines securely.

My positive experience with the Custom Carry Concepts Basic Magazine Pouch led me to hope that a similar solution could be found, but it does not appear to exist. I really liked the compactness, generally good security, and the ability to resist sweat. However, they did release one of my Glock 26 magazines on one occasion.

Thank you to all who provided suggestions and feedback on their own experiences.
    That’s what I use when I want to carry two magazines frequently. I have one left from when I carried my previously issued 5906 off duty ( in a horsehide Kramer IWB). I have a more recent one for my M&P.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    When I tighten my belt enough to properly support my pistol, there is no way my Kytex mag pouch is coming off.
    As @TGS noted, that would probably be more due to the belt you use than its tightness. Personally I have found Kytex pouches to be very reliable, but my girlfriend has managed to pull pouches off her belt while trying to do reloads - and this is with the belt supporting a steel frame 1911 and multiple spare magazines. The difference is that I use nylon belts, my girlfriend uses a leather belt.

And how in hell have some of you managed to never break a Kytex magazine pouch?! I've broken, with my sedentary lifestyle and low amount of wear, um... At least three? One of which was probably my fault though, I bent the clip excessively putting it on and taking it off my belt. Still though, they're not that durable pouches. Never had one fail catastrophically though, rather I discover when inspecting a pouch that whoops, this one is developing a crack or that one is becoming bent out of shape. They're affordable, compact, secure, and all around good quality pouches though that work well with my belt, so I keep using them - I just acknowledge that I need to replace a pouch or two every couple of years. Y'all are planting the idea of a more "bomb proof" magazine pouch in my head though.
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

User Tag List