Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kydex Magazine Pouch Recommendations

Site Supporter

Kydex Magazine Pouch Recommendations

I am looking for a single magazine carrier for a Sig P365. Ideally I would like something that takes up minimal space on the belt, so a tension screw is okay (and preferred), but I do not want "wings" on either side of the carrier. I typically wear two of these on my belt, which I find can work better than one double magazine pouch.

I would also like something that uses a belt loop rather than a belt clip. I would be happy with a mini-Tec Lock, but I had a clip magazine pouch fall off my belt twice today, and at least one other time.

Thanks in advance!

Site Supporter
    I don't have a 365, but I've used these with the concealment clip for my PX4s and M&P45s for carry and classes and they've stayed on my belt with no issues.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I don't have a 365, but I've used these with the concealment clip for my PX4s and M&P45s for carry and classes and they've stayed on my belt with no issues.
    Thank you, but I do need something with a belt loop, not a belt clip.

Does anyone make anything similar to the former Custom Carry Concepts Basic Magazine Pouch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Nevermind. You are looking for kydex.
    --Jason--

Kytex. I'm actually using the carriers for my old P228, and they work like a champeen with 365 mags

I prefer Comp Tac mag pouches with the Tech Lock. However, a few years ago CT came up with their own version of the Tech Lock called the PLM. I dislike the PLM as it is a little taller so I end up replacing the PLMs with my own Tech Locks. Its expensive, but I want what i want.

Blade Tech has just come out with a new mag pouch which still has the Tech Lock but allows you to cant the mag. I have a couple coming for my HKs and my CZs, so will report back on them.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    I prefer Comp Tac mag pouches with the Tech Lock. However, a few years ago CT came up with their own version of the Tech Lock called the PLM. I dislike the PLM as it is a little taller so I end up replacing the PLMs with my own Tech Locks. Its expensive, but I want what i want.

Blade Tech has just come out with a new mag pouch which still has the Tech Lock but allows you to cant the mag. I have a couple coming for my HKs and my CZs, so will report back on them.
    Thank you. Do you know if the Comp-Tac pouches can work with a mini-Tec-Lock, or do they require the full size version?

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Thank you. Do you know if the Comp-Tac pouches can work with a mini-Tec-Lock, or do they require the full size version?

I don't think they are compatible. I also didn't know BT had discontinued the mini Tech-lok.

I still use my Kytex pouches, but with the understanding that they will break. Kydex is not the wonder material people make it out to be, or rather, the wonder is in that people can make top notch products in their kitchen. Injection molded will be superior, but the Kytex ones are cheap and I can get by with a $100 order for years. Mark them, track them, and just keep on keepin' on.

That said... The JM pouch linked above might be the better way to roll now that we've got Comp-Tac in the mix. I'd rather have Tony's smaller IM clip over the mini Teklok, and his will be a smidge narrower.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

What belt are you using, that clip mag pouches are slipping off? Mine are "slippery" on the thinnest belts I own, specifically on the new Tenicor belt, but on a regular leather "gun" belt or my Volund, they clip on and don't even move unless I make them move.

I have broken one (1) kytex pouch in the 10-15 years of HARD use I've given them (didn't actually break, but the body of the pouch caught on a door frame when I was going through it at full speed, and it bent out at 90 degrees - subsequently cracked when I bent it back into shape) - and I use Kytex for literally every semiauto pistol I own/carry.

Just one old fat retired guy's experience, but it's been mirrored by lots of other guys I know.

User Tag List