Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kydex Magazine Pouch Recommendations

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    What belt are you using, that clip mag pouches are slipping off? Mine are "slippery" on the thinnest belts I own, specifically on the new Tenicor belt, but on a regular leather "gun" belt or my Volund, they clip on and don't even move unless I make them move.

I have broken one (1) kytex pouch in the 10-15 years of HARD use I've given them (didn't actually break, but the body of the pouch caught on a door frame when I was going through it at full speed, and it bent out at 90 degrees - subsequently cracked when I bent it back into shape) - and I use Kytex for literally every semiauto pistol I own/carry.

Just one old fat retired guy's experience, but it's been mirrored by lots of other guys I know.
    My belt is a 1.25” wide, double thickness belt made by The Beltman. The pouch that slipped off uses a plastic clip with plenty of room to accommodate the double thickness belt and a large hook on the end to prevent what happened. I have no idea how it slipped off, but once it did, the plastic was irreparably bent. I always thread my belt through the clip as though it was a loop to prevent weakening the clip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter

Kydex Magazine Pouch Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Nevermind. You are looking for kydex.
    I may need to expand my search to other materials and/or double magazine pouches. I ordered a Blade-Tech double pouch to serve a least as a temporary solution. Given the all too common use of belt clips for single magazine pouches, it may be more than temporary. I have also previously used a Kramer double magazine pouch, but found the tension screw to be difficult to tighten. Despite that issue, the Kramer may end up being my longer term solution.

Last edited by BillSWPA; 01-09-2022 at 02:36 PM.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

My favorite is the JMCK with the fixed belt loop but I don’t believe it’s currently offered. His clip on version works well too.

Another user in favor of Kytex. I have LOTS of them for several different pistols/magazines. They have been used hard for EDC and competition for several years, and never had a failure. Customer service is outstanding and delivery time very good.

I've used their mag carriers for 1911's, 2011's, Glock G26, G36, G19, G17, G34, G20, and G43's, Sig P365's, Springfield XDm's, CZ 75's, CZ 97's, CZ RAMI's, and CZ PCR's. In 1 1/2" and 1 3/4" widths. Zero issues.

Site Supporter
    Those Kytex ones look almost as minimal (in a most excellent way) as the legacy Custom Carry Concepts Mag Pouches.

I will likely order a few to back up the CCC ones I have as they are essentially unobtanium at this point. I am on my back up set of the CCC ones after I broke a couple after 10 years of frequent use both in the CCW and field training realms.

Kydex is fast, often inexpensive, readily available and is great, right up and until it breaks/cracks etc.

I just picked up a 1.5 inch Kramer Mag pouch in horsehide. A bit bulkier that the CCC/Kytex offerings but with its sewn on loop and leather construction, likely to last past my lifetime.
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 01-09-2022 at 06:18 PM.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

delete

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I may need to expand my search to other materials and/or double magazine pouches. I ordered a Blade-Tech double pouch to serve a least as a temporary solution. Given the all too common use of belt clips for single magazine pouches, it may be more than temporary. I have also previously used a Kramer double magazine pouch, but found the tension screw to be difficult to tighten. Despite that issue, the Kramer may end up being my longer term solution.

In that case, take a look at the Blue Force Gear single pistol belt pouch.
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    Another user in favor of Kytex. I have LOTS of them for several different pistols/magazines. They have been used hard for EDC and competition for several years, and never had a failure. Customer service is outstanding and delivery time very good.

I've used their mag carriers for 1911's, 2011's, Glock G26, G36, G19, G17, G34, G20, and G43's, Sig P365's, Springfield XDm's, CZ 75's, CZ 97's, CZ RAMI's, and CZ PCR's. In 1 1/2" and 1 3/4" widths. Zero issues.
    Same experience. I have used Kytex pouches for years and have yet to have one break. Minimal dimensions, great retension, easy on/off, durable. Have used for 1911's, different Springfields, different HKs, different Walthers, S&W.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    My belt is a 1.25” wide, double thickness belt made by The Beltman. The pouch that slipped off uses a plastic clip with plenty of room to accommodate the double thickness belt and a large hook on the end to prevent what happened. I have no idea how it slipped off, but once it did, the plastic was irreparably bent. I always thread my belt through the clip as though it was a loop to prevent weakening the clip.

Do you have 1.25" clips on your pouch? I ask because even the large hooks can slip over the belt if allowed to rotate very much. A 1.5" clip would be susceptible to this on a 1.25 " belt. Just a thought.

User Tag List