Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Year Challenge

Site Supporter
    And the winner for most changed go to ...

Name:  TenYear.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  40.9 KB

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    2012 it was my department issued Sig P226R .40, both on and off-duty. For the last 18 months it's been a personally owned Sig P226R 9mm when off-duty, still the .40 at work. Just recently started carrying a 365XL in a JMCK IWB#3 with 407K as a retirement gun audition. We'll see how it goes. Still like full size pistols when it comes down to it.

I was in the middle of transitioning from my Apex’d M&P’s to a G19.4 and G17.4
    Last edited by Savage Hands; 01-09-2022 at 07:32 PM.

January 2012 I was carrying a Sig P229 .40 on duty and a Glock 23 off duty. At that time I had also just acquired my first handgun RDS, a first gen Delta Point mounted on a third gen Glock 23 by L&M Precision. 4 months prior I had taken one of my first classes, Aim Fast Hit Fast with ToddG.

Today I'm carrying a S&W M&P9 M2.0 on duty. Off duty I'm carrying a M2.0 Compact w/optic or a Shield Plus.

I'm really satisfied with my current setups but the bunches of brands, models, and configurations I experimented with over those 10 years and before opened my eyes to a lot. I've come to appreciate the performance gains of sticking to one platform and the financial savings of not chasing the "perfect gun of the month." I do miss those P229s the most though.

2012- Glock 19 Gen 3, usually in a Dale Fricke Archangel. This is the combo I took to Todd’s AFHF that summer in Rhode Island.

Between then and now I’ve spent quality time with a PX4CC, Dan Wesson Guardian in 9mm and a Beretta 92G Centurion.

When the 2020 riots started up, I went back to the 19 due to magazine commonality with my issued 17. To play with a red dot, I put together a second 19 with Brownells slide, Holosun 507C and TLR7 that I’ll occasionally carry under a jacket.

Last year I picked up a P365XL, my “t-shirt gun.”

I’ve switched almost 100% to JM Custom holsters for all the above.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    I was in the middle of transitioning from my Apex’d M&P’s to a G19.4 and G17.4

Jesus my ADHD has me doing so many incomplete thoughts and hitting send lol.

To continue, now I’m carrying a 48, 26.5 or 19.5 MOS.

In 2012, I was carrying a Glock 19 and it was starting to get hard to see the front sight. Now I carry a Glock 45 with dot and a comp. Oh, and I have a more guns now too.

2012 Glock 19.3. Today Glock 19.5. there were others thrown in. Different Glocks, different calibers, different handguns but it's been G19 since late 00s if I remember correctly.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

10 years ago it was an LCP or 642 in my right front pocket... Now it's an LCP or 642 in my right front pocket and a Roland Special in an Enigma.

Ten years ago, I went to my first formal training (outside the USAF, which...nevermind) at TDI. I had been carrying a Kahr E9, but wanted to shoot my Hi Power for the class. The good news is that they taught me to shoot thumbs forward. The bad news is that I couldn't keep my thumb off the front of the slide stop so it locked back after every shot. So I shot the entire three day program with that little Kahr. Switched to a CZ 40P for a little more ammo capacity and liked it pretty well. Five or six years down the road, a friend has a P2000 with a LEM trigger that he described as a "Kahr with a double stack mag." HK LEMs ever since, with an occasional dalliance with a hybrid CZ. The choices these days just boggle the mind.

User Tag List