Thread: Interview With Christian Prouteau: FR-F1

Interview With Christian Prouteau: FR-F1

Prouteau talks to Ian about the French sniper rifle

"The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Very cool ! I witnessed Ian use the FR-F1 at the Desert Brutality 2021 match with great effect. He also used a MR73 loaded with full power .357 as his handgun system which was less effective for him but I admired his guts in choosing it for a match when conventional wisdom dictates a high cap pistol in 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by 19852+ View Post
    Very cool ! I witnessed Ian use the FR-F1 at the Desert Brutality 2021 match with great effect. He also used a MR73 loaded with full power .357 as his handgun system which was less effective for him but I admired his guts in choosing it for a match when conventional wisdom dictates a high cap pistol in 9mm.
    Technically it was a FR-F2 (7.62 NATO) used at DB21, but it did work quite well for him, particularly since he obtained that specific rifle a week or two before the match and had only barely zero'd it. He let me handle the FR-F2 after the match was complete and I found it really quite nice, but the scope/reticle was antiquated. In the context of the FR-F1 development history, the scope made some sort of sense, but by the time the FR-F2 came out it was woefully obsolete and in light of Msr. Prouteau's operational comments, I'm really surprised it was not replaced with the F2 roll-out

He was one of two revolver shooters at the match and the stage design was not well suited for revolvers, so that part was predictable.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

User Tag List