Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal's newish .30 Super, aka a 'spicier' 7.65x20mm Longue

Not sure if this a better fit here or in the pistols section. Mods may move it if needed.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    It made me kind of sad to find out that the engineers who developed .30SC had never heard of 7.65 French Longue or .30 Pedersen

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    It made me kind of sad to find out that the engineers who developed .30SC had never heard of 7.65 French Longue or .30 Pedersen
    Yeah, I would have assumed that a copy of Cartridges of the World would be floating around the office of a bunch of ammunition and firearms engineers, and I would have been wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    The most interesting part of that video I thought was the comparison in mag size.

30rd 7.65 mag vs 30rd 9mm mag length:

The 30rd 7.65 mag is a good deal shorter; a 30rd .30SC mag may end up the same length as a 24rd Glock mag. And for PDW/SMG used, a 40rd .30SC should be about the length of a 33rd Glock mag.

More remains to be seen for .30SC, but at least the touted mag capacity increase seems quite real, with the Shield Plus gaining +3.

He actually has a good point with regards to competition PCC use - if IPSC were to change their rules to allow this cartridge, that might be something that would help keep it alive for longer than other new entrant calibers.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    The most interesting part of that video I thought was the comparison in mag size.

30rd 7.65 mag vs 30rd 9mm mag length:

The case head of the 9mm Para is 13.3% larger in diameter than the .30 Super Carry (.391" vs .345")

In the picture where Ian compares mag length, the 9 mm one is about 28,3% longer, and this does not reflect the difference in the round's dimensions.

Apples to apples, in a double stack, double feed mag the .30 SC would fit about 35 rounds in a magazine lenght that fits 30 9mm ones, or 38.5 rounds in a 33 length.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Could we not see "progressive" LE administrators, in a "progressive" city/state, pull their depts towards this cartridge with the mistaken belief that it is not as lethal as say 9mm? "Shoot to wound"?

Site Supporter
    I need to pull out my copy of Nonte’s Combat Handguns as I haven’t looked at it this century but near the end of that book he speculates that agencies might move toward .30 Luger at some point because of magazine capacity. That book of course was written back when wondernines were just starting to gain traction with police departments.

User Tag List