Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Federal's newish .30 Super, aka a 'spicier' 7.65x20mm Longue

Hopefully the new Lipsey Smiths will revitalize the .32 market. 15-17 rounds will fit when laid on outside of G43x mag! Only 11 will fit in the mag. I just tried it because. You have to keep your thumb over the feed lips obviously, but it would not take much. Give me a subcompact with >15 rounds and super mild recoil and similar ballistic performance!

More gel testing from Buckeye Ballistics

Quote Originally Posted by Velo Dog View Post

Interesting that the Gold Dot's failed in the four layers of denim. In my test they did better, but I used heavy clothing, not four layers of denim, and Speer changed the bullet since I did my test. Not encouraging since I just switched to them recently.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Interesting that the Gold Dot's failed in the four layers of denim. In my test they did better, but I used heavy clothing, not four layers of denim, and Speer changed the bullet since I did my test. Not encouraging since I just switched to them recently.
    Four layers denim (4LD) is a more challenging test than "heavy clothing" and was intended to compel ammo manufacturers to design bullets that expand robustly and reliably. The FBI refused to adopt the 4LD test because "it wasn't invented here" and it would disrupt the consistency of the heavy clothing test data from previous years. As a result, FBI failed to further progress bullet design. The FBI heavy clothing test is an easier test to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Velo Dog View Post

He makes good thorough videos

HTP Impressive it is

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    HTP Impressive it is
    The factory loaded Remington HTP is also capable of impressive accuracy.

15 yard Ransom Rest results about 30 minutes into this older video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cY6NyV-EWM

I just got back on the .30 bandwagon, shield plus. Loud and mild, very accurate. Glad to see more load development. Just need more manufacturers to jump in!

User Tag List