Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: Federal's newish .30 Super, aka a 'spicier' 7.65x20mm Longue

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    What it is and isn't are pretty much the same thing.
    If you mean that the .30 Super Carry has more than a marketing problem, I agree.

In its "uncola" ads, 7 Up bragged about not adding caffeine.

I enjoy an occasional 7 Up and it pairs quite nicely with Seagrams 7 Crown.

However, if one is avoiding caffeinated beverages, why choose 7 Up over orange juice or lemon water or a smoothie?

7 Up sales were much higher before the popularity of bottled water and now caffeinated water is also sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Velo Dog View Post
    If you mean that the .30 Super Carry has more than a marketing problem, I agree.
    Yep.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

30 Super Carry PD10 Pistol - Avidity Arms
    https://avidityarms.com/30-super-carry-pd10/

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Put it in a Sig Macro, or G19 with 20 rounds, and it will become more popular. I hope we see some of these other platforms at Shot.
    The PD10 will be the only new 30 Super Carry shown at SHOT Show 2024. Avidity Arms has teased the possibility of a larger framed 21-shot model in the future

The PD10 will be the only new 30 Super Carry shown at SHOT Show 2024. Avidity Arms has teased the possibility of a larger framed 21-shot model in the future

That's disappointing. I was quite hoping that S & W would configure the Equalizer in .30 SC.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Wow, putting it in that is no way to improve its market position. Give me a Glock, P10c, etc, in compact or subcompact, and it would be welcomed. It is nice in a micro, in a compact or sub, it would be really mild!!

https://shotshow.org/new-ammo-coming-in-2024/

"There are new line extensions to the Federal Champion line of full metal jacket target ammunition this year, including 90-grain 30 Super Carry"

https://shotshow.org/new-ammo-coming-in-2024/

"There are new line extensions to the Federal Champion line of full metal jacket target ammunition this year, including 90-grain 30 Super Carry"
    The 90 grain FMJ has an advertised velocity of 1300 fps and offers up to 18% less recoil than the heavier factory full metal jacket loadings.

In this YouTube video, Chris Laack (Federal - Product Manager Handgun Ammunition) mentions that hollow points as light as 85 grains may eventually be offered in .30 Super Carry

Last Sunday I was shooting my Shield .30 SC when half way through a box of 115gr Blaser Brass I had a failure to fire. The slide was locked up and I was not able to eject the round.
    After getting home and getting the slide back and the round out I noticed the peimer cup fall on the floor.
    Turns out the flash hole was not punch out.
    I have ten boxes of this stuff. I'm going to contact CCI and see if the will replace it, or better yet refund me what I spent on it.
    Name:  20240227_171812.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  26.7 KB
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Very nice performance in Knox gel

User Tag List