Thread: PSA: clean your equipment

Site Supporter

PSA: clean your equipment

For TLDR: clean your shit every now and then.

So I知 zeroing my first dot and the gun (M&P 2.0) isn稚 printing like I知 expecting with my reloads. I threw in some WWB Nato 124 and the groups tightened up with a little more recoil and different poi. This surprised me as my load was meant to duplicate 124 Nato from work and the recoil was noticeably softer with my reloads. So I知 wondering if I should try a hotter load as the gun was also new and im not used to the M&P platform. I知 using an auto disc for powder metering and moving to the next size up dropped loads outside the max load. I moved back to the original hole id had the disc set to for the last more than half decade and measured the drop for the first time in years and years. 3.2 gr of Titegroup. Hmmm, seems lighter than I remembered. Checking my notes, the original load I decided on used the same hole to drop 3.9-4.1 gr. Pulling the hopper apart and running a brush through everything had me dropping 3.9-4.0 again. No idea how long I had been gradually losing charge.

You guys probably already know this; I did. But I needed a reminder.

Site Supporter
    Clean and weigh some powder throws prior to starting.

I値l randomly weigh a few charges every other time or so I reload on my 9mm dedicated press. So far so good for the last 2 years or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

I check weigh EVERY single time I load, even if I know I haven't changed the setting on the powder measure.

And of course check wrigh throughout, maybe every 50 rounds or so.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    I値l randomly weigh a few charges every other time or so I reload on my 9mm dedicated press. So far so good for the last 2 years or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep; all good advice and not time consuming or hard to do. It痴 all in the details.

User Tag List