Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: More New From S&W, the .30 Super Carry!

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    After much, much thought. I have decided that I am going to allow .30 Super Carry to come to market. But if - and ONLY IF - Smith agrees to make a 6-shot J-Frame chambered in it that uses moonclips. Yes, they could just give us a .327Mag. But they seem hellbent on NOT doing that. So a .30SC moonclipped gun would be acceptable.

Smith and Wesson, I have spoken. Get on it. Failure to comply will bring my Super Curmudgeonly wrath down upon thee.
    Man, I know it’s not the subject here but I loved the .327 Magnum. Really wanted it to thrive.

I like the idea of the .30SC but I also have an unrealistic love of small boutique cartridges probably stemming from my love of Beretta. I had to force myself not to spend $500 on a .32 Tomcat last month, so I’m not very reliable in this area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...rry-shield-ez/

Well, supposedly the EZ .30SC is now shipping (and I saw it listed on Palmetto as well), but has the ammo?

That will definitely kill a new caliber faster than any theoretical advantages or disadvantages in ballistics.
    Having the guns but no way to feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Man, I know it’s not the subject here but I loved the .327 Magnum. Really wanted it to thrive.

I like the idea of the .30SC but I also have an unrealistic love of small boutique cartridges probably stemming from my love of Beretta. I had to force myself not to spend $500 on a .32 Tomcat last month, so I’m not very reliable in this area.

Looks like 30sc is at least helping 327 get new loadings (hst).

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...rry-shield-ez/

Well, supposedly the EZ .30SC is now shipping (and I saw it listed on Palmetto as well), but has the ammo?

That will definitely kill a new caliber faster than any theoretical advantages or disadvantages in ballistics.
    Having the guns but no way to feed them.

Target Sports is now listing .30 SC , but not in stock yet.

Once I can confirm ammo availability, I am seriously considering possibly purchasing either a Shield Plus or EZ in this, will depend on what will be available locally.

I have access to a Shield + in 9mm, so a direct comparison of the characteristics of the caliber in a like platform has me leaning that way, but I've been curious about the EZ for a while, and its cheaper.
    So we will see.

https://youtu.be/83iOO2Z1_PQ

Little bit long winded, and not very technical, but at least it gives an impression on firing between the calibers in more or less the same platform.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    Target Sports is now listing .30 SC , but not in stock yet.

Once I can confirm ammo availability, I am seriously considering possibly purchasing either a Shield Plus or EZ in this, will depend on what will be available locally.

I have access to a Shield + in 9mm, so a direct comparison of the characteristics of the caliber in a like platform has me leaning that way, but I've been curious about the EZ for a while, and its cheaper.
    So we will see.
    As of 2000 PST on 2/17, Midway has Federal FMJ and HST in stock. Limit two boxes of each.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post

I know I'm probably alone in this one, but I'd like to see this in a L-frame 586-type carry gun, 8 shot, moonclips, 3 inch ported, boot grips. Trim it all back to shave some weight.

Oh I’d totally buy the 30 Super Carry version(s) of the PC986 for two grand and lock them in a safe. This is why I can’t go on S&W forum anymore.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    Oh I’d totally buy the 30 Super Carry version(s) of the PC986 for two grand and lock them in a safe. This is why I can’t go on S&W forum anymore.
    Give the accuracy problems resulting from S&W using 38/357 barrels on the 986, I’d hate to what kind of “close enough” bullshit S&W would churn out for a .30 super carry revolver.

On another note, is anyone actually seeing .30 Super Carry guns and /or ammo in real life ?

None of my LGS have either.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Give the accuracy problems resulting from S&W using 38/357 barrels on the 986, I’d hate to what kind of “close enough” bullshit S&W would churn out for a .30 super carry revolver.

On another note, is anyone actually seeing .30 Super Carry guns and /or ammo in real life ?

None of my LGS have either.
    Cabelas

User Tag List