Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: More New From S&W, the .30 Super Carry!

Quote Originally Posted by oldtexan View Post
    Or maybe closer to 7.65X20mm Longue .
    With a brand new version of the Pedersen Device for my .308 bolt gun I hope.....

Name:  BF81353F-9498-44A4-8CCD-92706CFCC3A4.jpeg
Views: 906
Size:  48.9 KB

Barely into the new year and I not a fan of what they’re doing.
    An odd looking single action, with a 6lb trigger and now some new proprietary ammo?

Five will get you ten this is .32 NAA reincarnate.

Who and how is this new cartridge going to be produced in enough quantity and reasonable affordability in the current environment?

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Who and how is this new cartridge going to be produced in enough quantity and reasonable affordability in the current environment?
    It isn't.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Pretty much what I was thinking too.

Interesting. It would seem to split the difference in power and bullet weights between 380 and 9mm. If straight walled as the capacity likely suggests it could be a decent micro or mouse gun caliber. I just don't see now as the time to release a new caliber even for a Vista group brand.

It's claim to fame is 9mm performance but in a smaller package that gives slightly more capacity in a given magazine height.

It is essentially the 327 Fed cut short and de-rimmed for auto-loading actions.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldtexan View Post
    Or maybe closer to 7.65X20mm Longue in dimensions. But I'm just speculating, based on the apparent front-to-back dimension of the grip frame in the image of the pistol, and the 10+1 capacity.

Every year or so one or more of my aging friends ( I'm 67) asks me about the best defensive firearm for a recoil-averse loved one with bad arthritis and perhaps other infirmities. I wonder if, with the right powders, the 30 Super Carry HST load(s) might offer both sufficient penetration and consistent 1.5x expansion in calibrated 10% gel (dare I dream, maybe even against the 4 layer denim test), but with less recoil than 9x19.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....uld-You-Revive

Similar ideas were being discussed in this thread. And a similar concept held a lot of appeal for me. If it pans out, count me in for one.
    Ammo availability is no longer a huge issue for me, because I have spent the last 2 years unable to reliably get 9mm, much less anything exotic like... 357 Magnum.
    For something that will be likely a tertiary fun gun/ step up from .22 for a recoil shy shooter to try, and being based on the EZ line is affordable, not too high a risk from my perspective.
    Hell I have been trying to justify getting a 5.7 for no logical reason, this thing might actually be practical.
    Last edited by MandoWookie; 01-04-2022 at 04:18 PM.

Since I'm one of those who has repeated asked for an auto version of the .327, I'm not going to complain.

Let's see how well it works.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List