Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: More New From S&W, the .30 Super Carry!

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Give the accuracy problems resulting from S&W using 38/357 barrels on the 986, I’d hate to what kind of “close enough” bullshit S&W would churn out for a .30 super carry revolver.

On another note, is anyone actually seeing .30 Super Carry guns and /or ammo in real life ?

None of my LGS have either.
    S&W makes (or made) plenty of .32 revolver barrels at .312, so I think there’s a good chance they’d get at least that part right. There’s no disconnect between the revolver and auto bore diameters, in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give the accuracy problems resulting from S&W using 38/357 barrels on the 986, I’d hate to what kind of “close enough” bullshit S&W would churn out for a .30 super carry revolver.

On another note, is anyone actually seeing .30 Super Carry guns and /or ammo in real life ?

I have seen it at several local shops. They are asking a couple dollars more per box than 9mm.

Local ish shop in Delaware Ohio has guns, ammo and a range rental as well.
    Taking a break from social media.

At a trip to Bass Pro this past weekend, there was about 15 boxes of .30 Super Carry on the shelf. Zero .357 magnum, which is what I was after.

The Academy here has a stack of ammo, so does one of the small indoor range/LGS shops
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

I fingered a S&W EZ in 30 SC and I kind of liked it...but then I looked at an old Colt Model M/1903/1908 in the next display cabinet over and remarked that if the S&W was more in the same size envelope as that old Colt...it might do way better.

Or even a Glock 43-sized gun. I guess the Shield (non-EZ) might be closer to that size envelope, but still...kind of big to be pocketable, which is what I'd want something like that for.

It doesn't help that the only choices in it are a $500 gun, or $3000 gun, with basically zero inbetween..

Quote Originally Posted by Ndbbm View Post
    Looks like 30sc is at least helping 327 get new loadings (hst).

Jason
    Federal still has not delivered on their promise of an HST loading for the .327 Federal Magnum.

In fact, there is no .327 Federal Magnum currently available from www.federalpremium.com at all.

Right now there are only 2 listings on www.ammoseek.com for .327 Federal Magnum from any manufacturer.

Let's hope that 15 years from now .30 Super Carry will be easier to find than .327 Federal Magnum is today.

User Tag List