Thread: Toughest RMR for shotgun use

Toughest RMR for shotgun use

Personal experience and @TCinVA's postings have made me aware of just how rough shotguns are on anything attached to them.

Finally got a CROM for the 1301, I would have preferred an Aimpont version but what was available is the RMR compatible mount.

So, what's the most durable RMR style red dot?
    My apologies to weasels.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    That's tough to answer.

The RMR pattern optics in general aren't my preference on a long gun.

That being said, the actual RMR seems to do ok. I've seen them break, but I've seen lots of things break.

I've got a Swampfox Justice on my backup 1301 and so far the 12 gauge hasn't killed it.
    3/15/2016

Based entirely on Internet sleuthing for an upcoming purchase, the Trijicon RMR is reportedly the toughest to break and has the longest, most widespread track record of use. If durability is your top priority, it seems the best bet.

Why would someone want an open emitter optic on a defensive shotgun, that could be used outdoors?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have a spare Aimpoint T-1 that could pop right on, right now. Sadly, I can't get an Aimpoint compatible CROM yet. So, until that comes along...

I could just use the factory mount and the T-1 but that would mean giving up a co-witnessing iron sight backup (for the potential T-1 failure).

I do not have enough reliable data to compare the two configurations overall reliability. So, I guessed.
    Last edited by 314159; 01-04-2022 at 11:19 AM.
    My apologies to weasels.

When I had my 1301 tactical shotgun, I used a Aimpoint T1 and a the **low** ADM QD mount on the factory rail. The combo had a more heads up position which I liked, but still had a good cheek weld, Aimpoint tough with no worries about anything blocking the emitter and QD in the very rare instance it is needed.

Wouldn't you know it. Brownells just filled my backorder for an Aimpoint CROM.

Problem solved, I'm sure the RMR CROM will sell on ebay. ARIDUS must be turning them out.
    My apologies to weasels.

User Tag List