Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NY Times Covers Purse Guns

Pink or not, it works. Posted on another board, bold is mine, full text link is below.

When a burly ex-convict forced his way into a posh Florida home last week, he had no idea what awaited him -- a 25-year-old beauty queen with a pink .38-caliber handgun.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/22...#ixzz1HRbc6NJA

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Pink or not, it works. Posted on another board, bold is mine, full text link is below.

When a burly ex-convict forced his way into a posh Florida home last week, he had no idea what awaited him -- a 25-year-old beauty queen with a pink .38-caliber handgun.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/22...#ixzz1HRbc6NJA
    Saw that link on Facebook today. Very cool!

---

I wouldn't say that it is a super positive piece but it definitely is a conversation starter for both sides. The lighthearted "pop" this into the purse comment combined with some of the selections made me roll my eyes.

I just find it so hypocritical. If NYT were doing a piece on fashionable smoke & carbon monoxide detectors I would bet it would read something like...

Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are getting a fashion makeover. Now you can protect yourself and your family in style with devices that offer LOUD protection, but those that don't look so alarming in your home.

Instead of this... "As more states allow citizens to carry concealed weapons, manufacturers and customizers are making guns that are flashier, more feminine and easier to pop into a handbag."

Wouldn't it have been awesome to have seen this?
    With the number of concealed carry permits on the rise, especially among women, some manufacturers have focused on making guns more appealing to this demographic. Lightweight, smaller models are easier to conceal and some have even been customized with flashy, feminine detailing.

I know, I know... wishful thinking!
    All the best,
    Julie

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not represent those of the author's sponsors and employers.

I like the Ruger MKII, PPK/S, S&W 60 and the Freedom Arms .22... The other ones need to be chucked off a bridge. OOOORRRR! They'd make fabulous compliments to any metro-sexual bug-out purse.

<lisp>ACCESSORIZE!</lisp>

That Hello Kitty Sig is so MINE.

Anyone want a kidney? I need to raise cash!

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    That Hello Kitty Sig is so MINE.

Anyone want a kidney? I need to raise cash!
    That's Todd's design. Why do you think SIG fired him?

Notice how expensive all but three of them are? I'm sure that was aimed to scare off the blue collar segment of the population. "$4000 for a purse gun?!?! I don't think so!"
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

User Tag List