Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rear BUIS in front or in back of MRDS?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I have a 509t2 direct milled on a CZ P-07, with irons forward. I am using backup sights that are visible at the very bottom of the window. When the irons are aligned, POI is at the center in the optic. I wasn’t sure that was going to work until I hit an 8” plate at 20 yds 5 times in a row with the dot turned off.

I like this setup a lot for a few reasons: 1) better view through optic, 2) protection of optic at front, 3) no sharp rear sight to rip clothes or scratch my body, 4) less cutout needed for holsters, 5) on the P-07, less extreme milling at rear of slide, and more solid support for optic.

Every time you post that picture, my wallet starts to itch….

@NH Shooter

You bet, happy to help.

Prior to sending my P10C to JW I shot a few of my friend’s guns with different arrangements of BUIS in front/rear of the RDS. The less cluttered view, and lower 1/4-ish in the window is what I ended up opting for (this was circa 2018).

Fast forward a few years to the LTT RDO and 2-3 years of shooting a RDS pistol in USPSA, I realized I was probably over-thinking it bc when shooting target-focused I don’t see the rear sights at all. Just the target and the dot super-imposed on it. At arms length, esp with my bad close-up eye sight, the ginormous rear sight on the LTT is not even there. And if I ever put a SRO on the LTT I’ll probably notice it even less.

Agree with all regarding buis orientation. Just a word of caution regarding sending your slide to CHWPS- they took my slide in early October 2020, promising a 3-4 week turnaround. After getting multiple “almost finished” updates upon monthly check-ins, I finally got my slide at the end of February 2021 after the owner said I “was being a Richard” (his words).

PMM is local and does a lot of Walther work. I don’t know what their current turn-around time is, but I know multiple employees and the owner and all are good people.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Agree with all regarding buis orientation. Just a word of caution regarding sending your slide to CHWPS- they took my slide in early October 2020, promising a 3-4 week turnaround. After getting multiple “almost finished” updates upon monthly check-ins, I finally got my slide at the end of February 2021 after the owner said I “was being a Richard” (his words).

PMM is local and does a lot of Walther work. I don’t know what their current turn-around time is, but I know multiple employees and the owner and all are good people.
    I appreciate the heads up!

PMM? If you can supply the full name and/or link I'll take a look. FWIW, I ordered just the plate from CHWPS and am fully open to having some other shop do the slide work.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    I appreciate the heads up!

PMM? If you can supply the full name and/or link I'll take a look. FWIW, I ordered just the plate from CHWPS and am fully open to having some other shop do the slide work.
    Parker Mountain Machine in Strafford NH.

https://www.parkermountainmachine.com/

Rear BUIS in front or in back of MRDS?

Stone Bridge Gunworks did my P-07 direct mount. I’m very happy with the work, and the turnaround time.

https://stonebridgegunworks.com
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Parker Mountain Machine in Strafford NH.

https://www.parkermountainmachine.com/
    Jarod got back to me quickly and unfortunately they don't machine for Walther plates. I decided to go the plate route in case I ever decide to change to an optic with a different foot print.

Question: beyond the long wait and rude communications, was the work satisfactory?

Thanks.

Jarod got back to me quickly and unfortunately they don't machine for Walther plates. I decided to go the plate route in case I ever decide to change to an optic with a different foot print.

Question: beyond the long wait and rude communications, was the work satisfactory?

Thanks.
    It was ok, not great. I was having an early P320 xCarry converted from Romeo1 (not pro) to take a 509T. The final plate it fine, but C&H does this by basically converting the slide to R1Pro, then adding tiny MOS pattern screws to secure the plate. I don’t know why they didn’t just use the R1P screws/location for the plate, as they are much more robust than the MOS. Ultimately I had the plate (C&H installed) come lose after about 5-700rds and had to reinstall, but I’m not keen on the tiny screws.

As delivered: Name:  F8AF8C52-A449-4B33-84FF-C3ACDB6166BC.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  45.6 KB

After 5-700rds: Name:  D462BDD9-E525-462A-ACAE-FAF202F16BAC.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  34.2 KB

Thanks.

Do they install the plate? I assume they do. In my case I'm planning on them to do the machining and then I install the plate.

I've been mounting scope ring bases on bolt guns for years and have my own methods for ensuring they never come loose. I'm hoping to do the same with the plate.

Thanks.

Do they install the plate? I assume they do. In my case I'm planning on them to do the machining and then I install the plate.

I've been mounting scope ring bases on bolt guns for years and have my own methods for ensuring they never come loose. I'm hoping to do the same with the plate.
    They installed the plate to the slide originally. After it came loose I remounted using SoCalDep’s method.

User Tag List