Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If You Hadn't Gone Glock, What Would You Have Gone With?

Up until this afternoon I had never heard of a Hopkins and Allen Triple Action revolver. If I had only known then what I know now….

Definitely H&K for me.

Site Supporter
    HK here too. I’m almost at the point where I would recommend a VP9 or sk over a G19 to new shooters, but I do really like all of the Gen5s.

I’ve been afraid to try any CZs because I would probably end up with a dozen.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    If this was a question about when Glocks first became popular and they didn't exist then? A 3rd Gen Smith - EDC a 3913LS most likely.
    I mostly carry a Jframe, always have, but my semiauto choices have varied. I was carrying a 3913 (had two, and a 3953) when I first really tried a Glock. Since I can get parts and other support for Glocks way easier, I ended up switching, but kept one 3913 and the 4516-1 as well.

I could happily switch back to them and the Beretta 92a1. Maybe try out a Storm.

I would probably still be using my P220's, 229's and 1911's. I only tried Glocks year and years ago because I was looking for weight savings on my duty rig. Carried them for many years, and now I'm back to Sig. Full circle in my career since I will likely end it here shortly after 30 plus years.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Site Supporter
    Beretta or H&K for me. I really like my P30 and have seriously considered carrying it. I also really like the Beretta APX. I would be pretty content carrying either if these instead of Glocks.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Historically, TX got a CHL law in 1994. I had gotten an OR permit a couple of years before after training up on a 2nd Gen Smith. Got a 442 and a 2nd Gen G19. So in that time scale, with no Glocks, it would have been a 3rd Gen SW. I had my eye on 3913LS in a great sale but I was not in the money then, so I stayed with the Glock. Since then I played with a Kahr and an LCP. Ditched them. My 1911Sc SW Commander has stuck as my revolvers and Buckmark.

Today - would the current guns exist in this counterfactual? Would other striker/polymers come to be?
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 01-02-2022 at 06:53 PM.

Interesting question - my brain hurts thinking about it. When I had to make this decision over a decade ago it was between Glock and a Sig 229. The dynamic duo over at Magpul were hyping the hell out of the M&Ps which also were on my radar. There is a similar hype now about the new Walther pistols but I'm not the biggest fan of fully tensioned strikers (not sure if all of their guns are like that). If I had to do it over today, probably M&P 2.0. Thank goodness I don't have to make the change. If double stacked 9mm 2011s were not so expensive, heavy, and had reliable magazines at reasonable prices, that would be an interesting option.

I shot Glock from the early 90s until 2005, then M&P until 2015 or so. I returned due to the 41 and 43.

If I hadn’t come back I probably would have stayed with M&P.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Smith and Wesson M&P, then Beretta after Glock. But I am a certified Glock Junkie so Glock it is.
    Last edited by steve; 01-02-2022 at 07:27 PM.

User Tag List