Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: If You Hadn't Gone Glock, What Would You Have Gone With?

Count me in with the hammer/SCD crowd. That knocks out most non-Glock strikers. Had I not warmed back up to the G26 or if I couldn't get a SCD, I would've stuck with the Beretta PX4 CC. It runs flat with an outstanding trigger in the Goldilocks size.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The FCU and ability to interchange pieces is a major benefit of the 320 and 365. The other evening, my wife and I had a swap meet, and I traded her a 365 FCU with a straight trigger for one with a curved trigger, and she glommed my 365X slide as a back up to her EDC 365X.
    The shooting family’s analogue to a key party!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I feel like my participation in this thread would be more along the lines of "If You Hadn't Gone M&P", but anyway... And I had plenty of Glocks along the way and shot them plenty, just one time when I consolidated I consolidated on M&P.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The FCU and ability to interchange pieces is a major benefit of the 320 and 365. The other evening, my wife and I had a swap meet, and I traded her a 365 FCU with a straight trigger for one with a curved trigger, and she glommed my 365X slide as a back up to her EDC 365X.
    The more I think about this, the more I wish more pistols were like an AR, you buy a lower (or FCG), take the quiz one time, and go from there. There were the G19, G17 & G34, now there are things like the G45 where it is just a different matchup with different engraving on the slide.

My very first pistol was a 1911 my grandfather gave me when I was 12. The first I bought for myself other than a ruger mk3 was a glock 19 gen 3. Carried that for quite a few years. I have tried M&Ps, PPQs, 320s, VP9s, and a few others. I currently carry a Shadow Systems MR920. I'm currently having a serious infatuation with a Staccato C2 duo, and its probably going to be my forever pistol. The other platforms I tried were good, but glocks kinda ruined me for other polymer wonderguns, but the 1911/2011 platform.. It has always called me.

I was really happy with a S&W Performance Center action tuned 5906 competition gun and 3906 for carry, although I was trying to catch all the 3rd gens like they were Pokemon. The 3913/3914 is still a high point in concealed carry pistol design.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    I got a Beretta for my lady after she expressed an interest in my dad's INOX 96 and we finally got to take it shooting yesterday.

She learned to shoot on Glocks and has tried other pistols, but when she shot the Beretta she looked over at me with a delighted look on her face and said "this is it!". Made me think I should've taken more time exploring other brands.

So I'm curious - if you hadn't decided to roll with a Glock, what would you be using right now and why?

Some parameters:

Needs to be able to have a red dot (RMR or Holosun)
    Mostly reliable factory mags (which IMO would eliminate the Staccatos)
    Can find well-made AIWB holsters for it

I did go Glock for years because that's what all the cool guys were using when I was growing up, and I wanted to be a cool guy of course. Shot a Beretta 92 series pistol in my mid 20's and without any prior experience with that firearm, I shot way better with it than I ever did a Glock. So I went all in and I am an LTT user. For carry, and for competition. I personally think it's a hand size issue. For whatever reason the Berettas fit my hand way better than Glocks do. I pull a millimeter left with glocks. Imperceptible at 7 yards, but the group will be a little left at 25. Not so with Berettas. Perfectly centered. I control them better in recoil. Better in just about every imaginable way (for me at least) except in weight and ease of cleaning. Which is why I still use glocks on occasion. Your wife chose good.

CZ P75 and Springfield 1911 and XDM.

Probably a P-220.

My department was about evenly split between Sigs and Berettas 1992.

I left Beretta(actually, 3 snubbies working street buys) to go Glock 19. The 220 was the only Sig that pointed right for me.

Looked back, forward and around many times but never gave up the Glock.

SCD 19 within arms reach now.

Quote Originally Posted by IDontDoQuests View Post
    I did go Glock for years because that's what all the cool guys were using when I was growing up, and I wanted to be a cool guy of course. Shot a Beretta 92 series pistol in my mid 20's and without any prior experience with that firearm, I shot way better with it than I ever did a Glock. So I went all in and I am an LTT user. For carry, and for competition. I personally think it's a hand size issue. For whatever reason the Berettas fit my hand way better than Glocks do. I pull a millimeter left with glocks. Imperceptible at 7 yards, but the group will be a little left at 25. Not so with Berettas. Perfectly centered. I control them better in recoil. Better in just about every imaginable way (for me at least) except in weight and ease of cleaning. Which is why I still use glocks on occasion. Your wife chose good.
    Pretty much my experience with the 92 as well. Have a 92x Centurion now, but it will likely be the only one.
    Pretty unlikely to move away from Glock now, I have sunk too many rounds to get decent with them, plus the other advantages in terms of gear compared to anything else.

Anything I can gain from some other similar 9mm, I can probably get out of a Glock with available aftermarket components if I was willing too.

Smack dab in the middle of flyover country
    I was shooting and carrying the HK45 when I went to GLOCK. I would guess i would be shooting carrying some form of HK 9mm at this point, guessing the VP9 as I would have likely started with the USP and wanted a change…
    I can say however that I am very pleased I went to the G19. Price, parts, customer service all favor the GLOCK and I shoot it every bit as well as the HK45 and have to reload half as much.

User Tag List