Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: If You Hadn't Gone Glock, What Would You Have Gone With?

If Glock never existed, I believe I'd be chasing my tail every morning trying to figure out whether is was a 1911 or Sig 228 kinda day.

Site Supporter
    3rd generation single stack S&W 9mm, Beretta 92, CZ PCR, Shield, and CZ P-07 with J frames and 1911's interspersed. My jobs did not permit being armed. I have owned many Glocks but was never comfortable sticking one in my pants though I did from time to time. I have a 3rd Gen M26 that I carried owb when fishing fooling around afield. Revolvers serve me as well as pistols though. Of course, I recognize the pistol's advantages. Part of my self defense plan has always been avoiding high crime areas and staying away from people with nothing to lose. Working in corrections and in the inner city gave me opportunity to hone situational awareness skills.

I appreciate ample cartridge capacity offered by some pistols but don't see this higher round count as essential as some might. That said, I certainly object to arbitrary magazine capacity limits. My perspective is one of a hobbyist and serious student of shooting sports. The term professional does not apply. I shoot stumps, dirt clods, and rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    Pretty much my experience with the 92 as well. Have a 92x Centurion now, but it will likely be the only one.
    Pretty unlikely to move away from Glock now, I have sunk too many rounds to get decent with them, plus the other advantages in terms of gear compared to anything else.

Anything I can gain from some other similar 9mm, I can probably get out of a Glock with available aftermarket components if I was willing too.
    Oh I understand that. I was about to sink a lot of money into Glocks myself when I found out how much of a better shooter the Beretta was in MY hands, so I was able to switch early on in my shooting development. I've now sunk a lot of money and time into Berettas so even if I found a better shooting pistol, I doubt I'd change at this point. Only issue is how heavy they are compared to Glocks, so carrying one is definitely a little bit of a daily challenge. I'd try my hand at a PX4 Compact Carry but living in CA they're not available here.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    3rd generation single stack S&W 9mm, Beretta 92, CZ PCR, Shield, and CZ P-07 with J frames and 1911's interspersed. My jobs did not permit being armed. I have owned many Glocks but was never comfortable sticking one in my pants though I did from time to time. I have a 3rd Gen M26 that I carried owb when fishing fooling around afield. Revolvers serve me as well as pistols though. Of course, I recognize the pistol's advantages. Part of my self defense plan has always been avoiding high crime areas and staying away from people with nothing to lose. Working in corrections and in the inner city gave me opportunity to hone situational awareness skills.

I appreciate ample cartridge capacity offered by some pistols but don't see this higher round count as essential as some might. That said, I certainly object to arbitrary magazine capacity limits. My perspective is one of a hobbyist and serious student of shooting sports. The term professional does not apply. I shoot stumps, dirt clods, and rocks.
    I'm in complete agreement with you despite coming from a competition section of handgunning. A lot of people in the gun world approach the defensive aspect of guns from a gaming/minmax perspective and they forego or are oblivious to the truly important basic/simple skills that are more likely to keep you alive than a tacticooled gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    If Glock never existed, I believe I'd be chasing my tail every morning trying to figure out whether is was a 1911 or Sig 228 kinda day.
    That's super easy. 1911 for the winter, 228 for the summer. Solved!

Site Supporter
    Sig P229 in 9x19, probably now the M11-A1 variant.

Site Supporter
    With a Hi Power thrown in for variety...
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

1911 on right hip, and P228 positioned for lefty access.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I read the OP, but I don't want optics and I don't AIWB carry.

I'll throw in with the other off topic posts.

I do like DA/SA revolvers (I was issued the S&W M15), the one I carry is the Ruger GP100 3 inch fixed sight.

I do like 1911s. I was issued the M1911A1 (USAF match guns). I have owned many from stock to Clark custom jobs. I have a Tisas service in 9x19 with MG/Metalform mags that runs fine.

M&P 9 Shield EZ 2.0. It has what I like about the above (thumb and grip safety). Don't need it to be EZer but I like that it is. It runs fine too.

I could not fight my way out of the Continental with any of them, but I don't need to...

If I was allowed to choose my duty weapon and I couldn't choose a Glock, I'd probably choose the Staccato C2 or a Wilson EDC X9.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List