Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint's next "big announcement" ???

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    " ... a little frosted ..." and I thought I had a gift for understatement. Well said sir.
    Hey. it's not like you got a whole State Police agency to buy them for their SWAT team, based on seeing your P1 in a red-dot instructor course you ran..

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    Absolutely correct. The products don't. But I do.

I cannot tell you how many mistakes I have avoided due to the reports of individual influencers. Consequently, I continue to be very much interested in their reports. They serve a needed (and, in my mind, a much appreciated) function.
    Good point, but I think it depends on the money trail.

I think of guys like Todd and LAV as early adopters. They use social media to spread opinions based on deep experience, like when LAV opened his G43 review by telling people that they should stick to a G19 if they possibly could. They know what they're doing so companies give them stuff early and often for free, but being an influencer is not their day job. They're influential because they're qualified, which makes them important to marketers.

The influencer's day job is to have a modicum of competence, then showcase that on social media to get free stuff so they can use social media to tell us that they got free stuff so they can get more free stuff. They're important to marketers because they're influential, not because they're qualified.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Acro c2 - the h1 equivalent to the acro p2's t1 level optic.

I only guess that as I've seen the c2 as a sku e.t.c... and never seen one listed for sale. Since aimpoints announcements are generally big let downs, ala the vickers t1 announcement for instance, and a cheaper version of a not readily available optic would fit that.
    ACRO C-2 is not going to be sold in the US. It is a rest of the world product only.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

It’s going to be micro t3s because I just finished outfitting several guns with t2s in anticipation of a 2022 massive price increase.

The last time I bought a few micros was about 8 years ago, and a month later they announced the T2

Pistol Forum is collectively a big influencer. Most people here shell out cash to buy products, and then report on their experiences with the products. Different members have differing levels of expertise, but it is pretty easy to read posts and evaluate what is written. This place has cost me a lot of money, and saved me a lot of money.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Micro ACRO optimized for CCW with a RMSc footprint, please. A boy can dream.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

A bulletproof illuminated LPVO.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    A bulletproof illuminated LPVO.
    It’s funny you say that as the number one criticism of most LPVOs is the illuminated reticles or dots at 1X not being “Aimpoint bright.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Micro ACRO optimized for CCW with a RMSc footprint, please. A boy can dream.
    A micro ACRO for smaller guns could be a thing but how are you going to mount an enclosed optic to a footprint which requires top mounted screws ?

IMHO the cross bolt mounting system of the ACRO is one of it’s most under appreciated features. Mounting is 50% or more of the optic durability equation.

A “slim line” ACRO footprint would be a much better choice.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    It’s going to be micro t3s because I just finished outfitting several guns with t2s in anticipation of a 2022 massive price increase.

The last time I bought a few micros was about 8 years ago, and a month later they announced the T2
    If they did a “T3” I would want the ability to switch between dot and a Eotech type “circle dot” reticle.

User Tag List