Thread: Ruger Mags, Chamber Flags and loaders

Site Supporter

Ruger Mags, Chamber Flags and loaders

I was thinking about shooting my 10/22 in Steel and for that would need some more magazines. This being NY - 10 rounds (bah). I also need some chamber flags as the ones I had have disappeared into the void or buried so deeply in some basement box that Indiana Jones only could find it. Looking for 10 round mags on the next and flags, for convenience, I go to Ruger's cite. They have mags and flags. When I go to order them - they say they cannot ship either to my address. The mags are sold in Cabelas if I want to go there.

Flags - now how many lives have been taken by chamber flags. Bah! Yes, I moved here - that's life and personal.

Also, any suggestion on a good 10/22 mag loader and clear for the 10 rounders. I saw that Ruger would sell that to NY - huh?

Ordered some flags from Amazon.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 01-01-2022 at 03:28 PM.

The T/C mags for their 10/22 clone have a last shot bolt hold open feature built into them. As you are limited to 10-rounders, might as well at least get that benefit.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    Thanks!

Site Supporter
    The T/C mags were out of stock. Found some Ruger factor on line and bought 5. That will work for a match. So Ruger saved the state of NY from the horror of factory mags and flags. Good for them. FedEX braved the blizzard to delivery them!

Not always the cheapest, but Wirthwein Guns tends to keep a good selection of 10/22 and Charger stuff including chamber flags
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List