Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do we like for hydration drinks/powders?

Who do we like for hydration drinks/powders?

In honor of it being 80-damn degrees on New Years Eve, I am looking for suggestions for electrolyte drinks and powders. Two categories: powders that are commercially sold that you just dump in your water and then any sort of homemade concoction that works.

I find I operate much better on no sugar/low carb food so anything that fits in that category is a plus. Good taste is always appreciated, but I can forego taste for no sugar and effectiveness.

I tried some “Liquid IV” today and was not overly impressed. Been looking at Oral IV.

What say ye?
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No one is coming. It is up to us.

Student
    Mike Doyle once brought DripDrop ORS for myself and other students taking a class with Cecil Burch.
    At some point in another class Annette Evans brought nuun in packet form.
    Both were sponsored by the respective products they had.

When I used to work outside and in hotter conditions more often a few years ago, I personally went through a lot of Sqwincher Zero packets, mostly because I prefer orange flavoring and the Tang Sport powder that I enjoyed during deployments has been discontinued to the best of my knowledge.

Site Supporter
    Im have been using this for a few months and really like it, The orange, citrus, and watermelon flavors are delicious.

https://drinklmnt.com/

I’m currently on my ass with the “Rona. These are keeping me interested in water and helping to maintain good hydration.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Site Supporter
    I've used the Pedialyte version for adults lately. Target carries it. I also take a bottle of orange juice and a water. My doc put me on the baby stuff when I had the reign of death food poisoning a few years ago. Works for babies, worked for me.

I use DripDrop mostly, typically 1:4 ratio with plain water. Has worked well for me in SE Texas summers doing some fairly extreme outdoor events.

Site Supporter
    I like Kaged Muscle's HydraCharge. Its what I use during workouts.

I’ve had good experience with Skratch for long multi-bottle bike rides. More salts and less sugar than many commercial sports drinks, no colors, real fruit.
    https://www.skratchlabs.com/products...32766105157703

Site Supporter
    Skratch Labs for electrolyte drink, Tailwind for a carbohydrate drink, both offer varieties with added caffeine.

Both have treated me well and much better than Gatorade or other chemicals filled old school stuff.

I like Nuun powders and tablets.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Nuun Sport tabs are my go to when cycling. I like the portability, ease of use and flavor/caffeine choices. Really like the Skratch Labs mix as well but it is on the pricier side and carrying enough packets for an all day warm weather ride takes up a lot more space.
    I recently tried a couple mapleaid packets from Untapped and thought it was rather unpalatable.

User Tag List