Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: SHOT 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Well, I have been secretly gathering a few single-shot rifles. Now, I just need to adopt/rescue a one-eyed dawg. (And, drag a log onto the front porch…)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    You sound like a man who has life figured out.
    Well, slight correction. I only need to drag the log into the front yard, not all the way onto the front porch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNjSU5ldZ2U

We are not actually in Louisiana, but here in SE Texas, we are nearby, and, my father was born in Crowley, LA. Our two-eyed dog regularly “trees” the urban ‘possums, on our back fence.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Until Scotus saves the day on long arms - For Ruger, take the Mini-14 synthetic stock type, use the AR-15 style mechanism, mag release and safeties, take AR mags straight up. Have the stock accept standard optics and lights. Ditch the way the current Minis work for a standard stocked AR. Ditch the sights to make it plain for our stupid NY laws.

Or could you upscale the PCC for 223?

Handguns - a SW 432 for 327 as well as the 32 HR.
    It's not without flaws, but the SCR is a traditional stocked rifle that takes standard AR uppers and mags. Safety is a cross bolt, and it needs a propriatary BCG and stock. It's at least an option though. I've not shot one, and they've been out for awhile.

https://fightlite.com/rifles/scr

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    It's not without flaws, but the SCR is a traditional stocked rifle that takes standard AR uppers and mags. Safety is a cross bolt, and it needs a propriatary BCG and stock. It's at least an option though. I've not shot one, and they've been out for awhile.

I had a SCR in my hands about 18 months ago. I didn’t buy at the time, which was a mistake.
    Fightlite/Ares is reportedly in business, but they seem to only fitfully release a SCRs. One of the reasons I paused was the company doesn’t make me feel great about long term support

Out on the Gram and elsewhere, there are talented folks who are making them in PPsH clones or other very attractive AR/wood furniture combos.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post

Triggers are about as bad as a factory BAR. Which it to say pretty piss poor. Haven't gotten around to cleaning mine up yet. Have parts for a 16-inch .300 BLK upper and some takeoff Rem 1100 furniture that should make it look pretty fuddy, like a mini BAR MkIII DBM, if I ever get around to figuring out how to fit it to the delta ring setup.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Dan Wesson posted on Facebook 25 minutes ago.
    https://www.facebook.com/24162895929...bstory_index=0

"We know that many of you have been anxiously awaiting an update on the DWX, and as you all know, the COVID-19 Pandemic has drastically effected businesses world-wide through lockdowns, illness, and supply chain issues. Dan Wesson has been no exception.
    Over the last year, we have come close to being able to ship the DWX multiple times, but each attempt has been met with obstacles and set-backs along the way. Due to these delays, and challenges we continue to face, we have decided to halt promotion of the DWX.
    We understand that this will be a disappointment to many—us included—however, we pride ourselves on quality and we want to ensure that every pistol that leaves our facilities can meet the standards that we have set and that our customers deserve. We will continue to be committed to the DWX project until it meets these standards."

So that sucks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Triggers are about as bad as a factory BAR. Which it to say pretty piss poor. Haven't gotten around to cleaning mine up yet. Have parts for a 16-inch .300 BLK upper and some takeoff Rem 1100 furniture that should make it look pretty fuddy, like a mini BAR MkIII DBM, if I ever get around to figuring out how to fit it to the delta ring setup.
    Your description of bad and mine may differ. Is it any worse than a 5-6lb milspec AR trigger?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Your description of bad and mine may differ. Is it any worse than a 5-6lb milspec AR trigger?
    Don't know. I only have Geissele triggers in my ARs.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Well, no Glock 5.56 carbine. I thought this year would be THE year. Sigh. Aside from the thinly veiled swipes at Palmetto State Armory by Kalashnikov USA over AK build quality, this year seemed a bit ho hum. The coverage this year wasn’t as widespread either. Did the NSSF clamp down on “internet personalities” and “YouTube celebrities”?

2023 will be the year of the Glock 5.56 carbine.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    2023 will be the year of the Glock 5.56 carbine.
    That would indeed be fun. But really, I'd rather have a compact/light Glock PCC to eat from all these 24/31/33-rd factory mags I have.

Mars recoil operated .308

Starts at about 4:10 in this video:

I believe this is a scaled down version of one of the lesser known NSGW entrants. Could potentially be very interesting for someone who wants a .308 for causing maximum damage at shorter ranges.

User Tag List