Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Wilson and Ken Hackathon's Crystal Ball Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Racoon View Post
    In another way it's not a strange thread since groupthink is strong in this forum.

I just hope Scott Reitz hurries up and puts a dot on his 1911. I'd hate to see yall try to cancel him too.
    This site lists 1600 active members. I would be surprised if more than 160 carried RDS. I don't think that the group thinks they are a necessity.

The other part, well, I am the guy that Hack is being so subtly sarcastic about. I gots a dot, a kydex holster, both are in a junk position, I certainly have gone to classes wearing LBVs, and I am almost a pharmacist. Seems like I been canceled first.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Yes. Those issues can be rectified with training, etc, but "we" are not the people he is referencing. He's talking about the cop that draws his pistol on annual qual day and who has to knock the dust bunny and french fry off of the sights before firing the first shot and the person without the technical ability to maintain a 1911.
    I bet a cadet who starts at the academy with a dot like he was talking about would learn a more consistent drawstroke and trigger press faster than one using irons.

One thing Hackathorn didn’t mention at all about dots is that they’re one of the best dryfire diagnostic tools out there, and it might be that he didn’t notice because he has such a good trigger press that the dot didn’t show him how he was screwing up like it did for me.

All that said, I don’t carry a dot day to day because of not wanting to be arsed with the extra maintenance and cleaning, like he mentioned. But I do have one on my dry-fire gun/range gun.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    This site lists 1600 active members. I would be surprised if more than 160 carried RDS. I don't think that the group thinks they are a necessity.
    More of an annoyance.

Enough 'Well, that sucks, but I won't get old' things have come true that thinking vision won't is foolhardy.

Future proofing is better than playing catch-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I bet a cadet who starts at the academy with a dot like he was talking about would learn a more consistent drawstroke and trigger press faster than one using irons.

One thing Hackathorn didn’t mention at all about dots is that they’re one of the best dryfire diagnostic tools out there, and it might be that he didn’t notice because he has such a good trigger press that the dot didn’t show him how he was screwing up like it did for me.
    Noticed this during a week with Larry Mudgett this summer. During a particular skip-loading drill, my partner and I called some bad presses Larry asked about - thinking they were fine. With the PMO shooter could call the bad press but the partner (or observer) couldn't confirm. I had debated taking an iron or dot gun, and am glad I took the latter for this reason.

Hard work with my PMO has also benefitted shooting with irons, but the reverse isn't true.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Strange thread in one way.

Seems like it wasn't long ago that folks said fawningly "Hack is getting old and cutting back on classes. Go train with this national treasure while you can before we are diminished."

But now that he went against PF conventional wisdom regarding RDSs, he's an old man yelling at the clouds and folks are dogpiling on him?

In another way it's not a strange thread since groupthink is strong in this forum.

I just hope Scott Reitz hurries up and puts a dot on his 1911. I'd hate to see yall try to cancel him too.
    1) I don't have an RDS on any of my pistols

2) I don't have a strong desire to put an RDS on any of my pistols at this time.

With that out of the way, that I'm not in whatever perceived cool kids group you think is going on........

Stop being a little bitch.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Strange thread in one way.

Seems like it wasn't long ago that folks said fawningly "Hack is getting old and cutting back on classes. Go train with this national treasure while you can before we are diminished."

But now that he went against PF conventional wisdom regarding RDSs, he's an old man yelling at the clouds and folks are dogpiling on him?

This isn’t the first time many forum members disagreed with something Ken Hackathorn said in one of these Wilson Combat videos. I remember a thread about the retention shooting video they did a little while back. The techniques being taught were outdated and not found to be as effective as some of the more recently accepted techniques. I’ve taken one class fro Ken Hackathorn. I enjoyed it but not because of the instruction received. I just liked talking to the man and picking his brain about gun stuff. Ken Hackathorn is a national treasure because he’s seen and done so much and his knowledge base is enormous. He’s not a national treasure because he’s the best instructor around.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Is there no end?...it took 28 years for you guys to cajole me into installing night sights on my Glocks...now this...

(I've got an H2 on my AR. That's as far as I'm going down this road.)

Since LE work involves more computer screen time than trigger time by a factor of a million, I figure the blue light from the screen ruined my eyes so that when I retire they need to pay for both my hearing aid batteries AND my pistol RDS batteries ;-)

I wonder if 5 years is enough lead time to get a true custom .38 Super Commander cut for a P-2.......

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    There’s a difference between saying the Dot is not for me and saying the dot is not viable. The former is a personal decision the latter requires putting in the work necessary to make a valid evaluation.
    Again with the assumption that that he hasn't put in the work.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    This site lists 1600 active members. I would be surprised if more than 160 carried RDS.
    Most of the 1,600 aren't active. There's what? A couple hundred here that post with any regularity? I don't know how many of those carry dots.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

Stop being a little bitch.
    Where did that come from? Did I insult you?

User Tag List