Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Wilson and Ken Hackathon's Crystal Ball Predictions

I think this Sawyer guy does it. He starts at about the 10:30 mark.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    It brings on the clicks/views as well as the comments on YouTube.

Just what they wanted
    I didn't watch the video.

Trying to stay relavant even if the world is passing them by. Nothing wrong with a dot unless one can shoot just as well at SD distances with irons.

So far I haven't put one on something that I carry. I'm good at 15 yds. with irons. That's my SD limit. Just more stuff. Why bother with the additional gear and learning to use it?

There has to be some payoff someplace to want to invest in another sighting system. I'm old enough to have hunted with irons on rifles in the 60's. They worked but not very well for me at >100 yds. I put a scope on deer rifle around 1972 and absolutly would not hunt without one today. Probably why the military put dots on rifles for most combat at 100 meters.

For new pistol shooters, I would want to start with a dot. No question about it.
    Last edited by Borderland; 01-30-2024 at 08:12 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post

I think this Sawyer guy does it. He starts at about the 10:30 mark.
    If he understood a low ready, he would have shaved time on many runs.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Isn't the official target much bigger than the box they were shooting at, or do I need more coffee?
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    If we have to reach out to Stoeger other GMs to counter Hack then we’re making his point intentionally or not. 😁
    Here is what I would absolutely love to see: two matched groups of new shooters as in zero experience, one day of training, one group taught on dots by Ben or Hwansik, another group instructed on irons by Hackathorn or Howe, compare results at the end of the day.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Here is what I would absolutely love to see: two matched groups of new shooters as in zero experience, one day of training, one group taught on dots by Ben or Hwansik, another group instructed on irons by Hackathorn or Howe, compare results at the end of the day.
    I don't think I need a crystal ball to tell you who will be doing better by days end...

Maybe P-F could sponsor something like that. Get that on YT and watch the money roll in.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Isn't the official target much bigger than the box they were shooting at, or do I need more coffee?
    The FAMS tend to be “funny” about operational details.

Suffice to say as soon as someone talks about “The FAM qual” I get curious which one because there have been multiple FAM quals. The pre 9/11 FAA FAM qual, and at least two variations of the post 9/11 FAM qual.

The T1C guys re-shot this with the correct targets and Gen5 Glock 19s, the current FAMS gun is a G19 MOS Gen5 which replaced the SIG P229s in .357. The FAMS tend to be heavily influenced by USSS and with USSS finally beginning to run ACRO P-2s on their Glocks I’d be surprised if the FAMS are far behind.

They are running irons in this one but it give a better idea of what the COF should look like.

Last edited by HCM; 01-31-2024 at 12:01 AM.

That would be cool.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Can you ask Hack to give us his version of the Air Marshall test? If what I saw is accurate, I can't imagine it is easier with irons.
    I am not inclined to try and pull him into a PF debate on a this topic.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List