Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A new roommate from NYC…

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    Member Of Service….
    Before it was MOS it was MOF aka Member of Force. Changed around 1973. I interned in NYC Law Enforcement late Giuliani early Bloomberg. My great Uncle Bill Boyle was an MOF and retired out of Midtown South.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Nice. There's a seller on eBay selling NYPD holsters for them. I'll try to find a link.

I need a 2" m64

Eta https://www.ebay.com/itm/18496718629...gAAOSwvOlhAFN4

They have 3" ones too
    Thanks for the tip, mine showed up today.
    Name:  IMG_1551.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  40.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Thanks for the tip, mine showed up today.
    Name:  IMG_1551.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  40.5 KB
    Looks nice. I might grab one

Looks nice. I might grab one
    Been wearing it all day, I like it.
    That's the least amount of cash I've ever paid for a leather holster that I actually like.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke

Oh boy…. So, today I spent a little time hitting some LGSs that I hadn’t been to in a while. They were mostly In Nassau County, to our west (the county that borders NYC.) At the second shop I actually ran into a clerk that was also a retired LEO and had been temporarily assigned to my former county pd Range when I was assigned there (can you say the early 90’s?)
    I mentioned to him that I was interested in expanding my NYPD NY-1 collection, and moments later another clerk, also a retired LEO (NYPD Hwy Patrol), presented me with a very nice condition M64 4” Square Butt. Not as desirable as the 3” M64 and 2” M60 I'm chasing, but what the hell. Phots to follow once I get my purchase document and bring it home to its friends.

BTW, Roy Jinks over at the smith-wessonforum confirmed that my 4” RB 64 was shipped to NYPD in June of 1987 and my 2” RB 64 went out to NYPD in October 1989. I suspect the newly acquired SB was a bit earlier in 1987.

Oh boy…. So, today I spent a little time hitting some LGSs that I hadn’t been to in a while. They were mostly In Nassau County, to our west (the county that borders NYC.) At the second shop I actually ran into a clerk that was also a retired LEO and had been temporarily assigned to my former county pd Range when I was assigned there (can you say the early 90’s?)
    I mentioned to him that I was interested in expanding my NYPD NY-1 collection, and moments later another clerk, also a retired LEO (NYPD Hwy Patrol), presented me with a very nice condition M64 4” Square Butt. Not as desirable as the 3” M64 and 2” M60 I'm chasing, but what the hell. Phots to follow once I get my purchase document and bring it home to its friends.

BTW, Roy Jinks over at the smith-wessonforum confirmed that my 4” RB 64 was shipped to NYPD in June of 1987 and my 2” RB 64 went out to NYPD in October 1989. I suspect the newly acquired SB was a bit earlier in 1987.
    Poor fella, just keep tripping and landing on M64's

S&W MOD. 64 NY-1 4”, RB and SB:

Family portrait

Model 64 4” NY-1 SB and Model 64 4” NY-1 RB with the 64 2” RB in between…. Still hunting for a 3” to round out the bunch!

Nice. There's a seller on eBay selling NYPD holsters for them. I'll try to find a link.

I need a 2" m64

Eta https://www.ebay.com/itm/18496718629...gAAOSwvOlhAFN4

They have 3" ones too
    You guys have probably already discovered this, but for those that haven't, have a look- cool old school stuff abounds: https://vintagegunleathertoday.com/

You guys have probably already discovered this, but for those that haven't, have a look- cool old school stuff abounds: https://vintagegunleathertoday.com/
    You post this after I spend my fun money on a new double-bit hatchet and small fixed blade.

User Tag List