Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A new roommate from NYC…

A new roommate from NYC…

Over at the LGS where I work P/T since retirement, a former NYPD MOS came in and sold his two pistols. Both were S&W NY-1 Model 64s, a 2” and a 4”. The 2”, a RB, was pretty beat up from obviously lots of carrying (and dropping!) and the 4”, not so bad. When I removed the Pachmayr grips to check the S/N, I discovered it was a 4” RB (one of 900 or so produced.) I figured it would be a great roommate for a 2” NY-1 I acquired several years back.
    Now, all I need is a Model 64 NY-1 3” to round out the collection. (I hate to admit it, but I actually once had a verified NYPD NY-1 Model 60 (!!!!!!) that I sold off for some godforsaken reason…)
    Attached Images Attached Images    

If anyone deserves it, you do, brother. Glad you found it.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Nice. There's a seller on eBay selling NYPD holsters for them. I'll try to find a link.

I need a 2" m64

Eta https://www.ebay.com/itm/18496718629...gAAOSwvOlhAFN4

They have 3" ones too
    Last edited by 03RN; 12-30-2021 at 06:27 PM.

Looks good! Whassa MOS?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Looks good! Whassa MOS?
    Member Of Service….

That's awesome, man!

Do you guys have a sort of informal network where any former department guns get held for each other, at least for first dibs before they go on in the counter?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    That's awesome, man!

Do you guys have a sort of informal network where any former department guns get held for each other, at least for first dibs before they go on in the counter?
    Nope, nothing like that, unfortunately. I try to hit a couple of LGS on a fairly regular basis, trying to remind the guys to let me know when something “interesting” comes in, but that never seems to happen.
    At the shop I work P/T at, the guys do keep an eye out for me, but of course, and understandably, the shop has to be profit driven, so I don’t necessarily get first dibs on used guns coming in.

Det1397:

That is a great purchase. Those revolvers have honest wear and are a testament to the MOS who stood in the thin blue line. Lots of folks want pristine guns. I would rather have something with honest wear that I can shoot. To each, his own. You won't hurt the value of either of those guns by shooting them.

One suggestion, if possible, you might want to talk to the NYPD MOS to see if he can provide details of his service, such as precinct, dates of service, special units, discharge in the line of duty, ammunition, holsters etc. just so you can document the history of those guns. I started doing that at the suggestion of my family. All too often those historical details get lost when law enforcement guns get sold.

Best wishes for a peaceful, prosperous New Year!

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

Site Supporter
    Det1397, congratulations on your acquisition.

A while back I bought a 4" M10-10 that was stamped "Cal DOC" under the barrel. I bought it because it was a round butt.

Dave

Site Supporter
    Congrats! Excellent additions to any collection! A 2" 64 DAO is one of favorites for just bumming around with.

User Tag List