Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: New S&W CSX

As an aside, the slide is very easy to rack and the controls are equally easy to use. This may fit nicely in the dexterity compromised or elderly market the EZ is targeting if they can handle the recoil which I found very reasonable even with hotter hollow points. YMMV!

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    How bad is the reset when actually shooting the gun (drills, at speed) instead of comparing it to a tuned 1911?

Thanks
    It’s really not bad at all. The trigger press starts with the pressing the paddle style trigger safety, which is almost imperceptible. There’s a very slight bit of take up and then a pretty crisp fairly heavy triggers press at about 5 to 6 pounds. I don’t find the reset to be an issue at all, because I don’t ride the reset. If you do, there are two pretty distinct clicks, and if you try to reset it the first one, that’s a problem. I also believe it’s a Training problem and people who do that are doing it very much wrong.

I too owned a CSX for about 3 minutes. I found the safety to be better than the Shield Plus, but not by much. The hinged trigger wasn't great either. It did precisely nothing for me that the Shield Plus didn't do better, so down the road it went to a buddy who's a S&W fanatic, and has to have at least one of everything they make. He subsequently reported that it had to go back to the factory for some issue, which wasn't adequately addressed, and required further "work" by his local gunsmith (NFI).

I simply don't see the attraction, frankly.

User Tag List