Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New S&W CSX

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    My prediction is this pistol is the first in a new line that will succeed. I expect versions with optics, different calibers, etc. I am not a likely purchaser, but that means it is more likely to succeed. S&W marketing has improved based on their track record of the last decade. I wonder if the "CSX" is a reference to "Chief's Special" with the "X" denoting the ambidextrous nature of the pistol.
    If I had to bet money on my prediction I would be gone pretty quickly, as I am not much of a prognosticator!

I just have difficult identifying the market for this thing. It seems to perfectly fit the old saying that "just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD"

But then, I might be wrong.

The ultimate Colt Mustang, I suppose.

The Kimber Micro and Sig 938 must sell well enough that S&W wanted in on the action, and was willing to commit to a double-stack redesign to differentiate itself. If someone's cross-shopping 938s with Micros, then they should just as soon look at this one. Holster selection for those guns seems thin, though, which makes me doubt sales of those guns are that strong.

I still maintain that if there are potential buyers of Shields, turned off by the low-effort thumb safety, and unwilling to accept a M&P 2.0 Subcompact or EZ9mm with their superior sort of thumb safety, this won't be the gun that would get them to stay in the S&W brand when they might otherwise select a different brand.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Looks like the Star PD, resurrected in plastic.

I love the 1911, and, if this was truly a 1911 subcompact with a polymer frame, I'd be on it like white on rice. But this? I'll let someone else buy it, shoot it, and sell it to me cheap.
    Supposedly alloy frame? It doesn't look like polymer in the pic, at least to me. This seems like it is targeted at the subcompact 1911 market more than generic micro 9s. I think this might fit more into the 'old man gun's paradigm that's been discussed on here before.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner Precision, LLC View Post
    Interesting, could easily fill the same role a staccato c does , probably cheaper....hopefully it gets to market quicker than the Dan Wesson DWX..
    That thing is a Staccato killer if I have ever seen one.

I am assuming that the same design guy who did the CORE system, the new trigger on the M&P 2.0, and the 10mm without conventional iron sights got busy on this project.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    A trigger safety and a thumb safety? 🤔

My thought to a friend and forum member was, if it was to grab the interests of the first timer, y'all gonna give them SAO?

Is it to compete with, say, the Sig 938 size?
    Very strange.
    Tabbed trigger are inertia drop safeties that happen to be on the trigger not literal “trigger safeties.” This is why you see them on some bolt action rifle triggers as well.

The CSX seems like a solution in search of a problem.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by gc70 View Post
    I would be more than happy if S&W resurrected the 3913 with a polymer frame.
    YES! That and a 3906.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Tabbed trigger are inertia drop safeties that happen to be on the trigger not literal “trigger safeties.” This is why you see them on some bolt action rifle triggers as well.

The CSX seems like a solution in search of a problem.
    One of Sigs best selling handguns is the P938, an alloy framed, hammer fired SAO.
    The problem is that Smith doesn't have an equivalent product, and their solution has nearly double the capacity and what looks like better ergos.

This particular niche might not be my or your choice, but it definitely has an appeal to some. Similar to them ripping off the KSG.
    There is a demand for stupid in the gun market that the supply can't meet.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    That thing is a Staccato killer if I have ever seen one.

I am assuming that the same design guy who did the CORE system, the new trigger on the M&P 2.0, and the 10mm without conventional iron sights got busy on this project.
    George,

While I assume that I am correctly reading sarcasm and disdain in your post, it's the internet and written word so...

I specifically mentioned the staccato C single stack (CCO size) in my comparison as it has none of the downsides associated with 2011 magazines and is a slim 8/9+1, reasonably light weight aluminum frame/polymer grip carry gun, with a well executed thumb safety (+ additional safety) that is easy to AIWB 16+hours a day- on the surface this new offering seems to check the same boxes for those looking for those specific features and not much else does (alloy CCO's excluded)- for everyone else there are plenty of G43x / Sig 365/ Shield plus type options....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Skinner Precision LLC official Account
    07 Manufacturer specializing in Competition Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner Precision, LLC View Post
    George,

While I assume that I am correctly reading sarcasm and disdain in your post, it's the internet and written word so...

I specifically mentioned the staccato C single stack (CCO size) in my comparison as it has none of the downsides associated with 2011 magazines and is a slim 8/9+1, reasonably light weight aluminum frame/polymer grip carry gun, with a well executed thumb safety (+ additional safety) that is easy to AIWB 16+hours a day- on the surface this new offering seems to check the same boxes for those looking for those specific features and not much else does (alloy CCO's excluded)- for everyone else there are plenty of G43x / Sig 365/ Shield plus type options....
    Yes, definitely tongue in cheek. Smith and Wesson used to build such gorgeous revolvers and pistols, but lately their newer stuff seems butt ugly and targeting the KelTec buyer demographic.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I'll admit - it's mojo is working on me.

I was just about to literally pull the trigger on a P365XL with manual safety. Because there is no sub-30 ounce thumb safety equipped 9mm.

Springfield sells basically every EMP 9mm they can make. 9mm is neck and neck with .45 in 1911 sales.

3913 is one of my favorite guns.

I am unashamed to admit my interest in this one. Maybe it can unseat the Kahr CW9 as my EDC.

Yes it's ugly. So is a Glock, the 365, and have you seen that ugly ass Hellcat? Whatever.

User Tag List