Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: New S&W CSX

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    I owned 2-3 3913's and 908's in the past but forgot how slim and nice in the hand.
    My last 3913 was slowly battering itself to death, but I really liked everything else about it.

I have no interest in an SAO smaller than an "Officer"-sized 1911, so this CSX is not something I want or need... but if they can do a similar TDA and it comes even close to the 3913, I want a pair of them.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

I got a chance to handle one today.
    It feels good in the hand. The safety is in a good place for me, but I would like it to be just a little more prominent. The trigger didn’t feel gritty, light take up, but there is a pretty stiff wall before it breaks.

My guess is that the Shield series and 43x/48 have sold quite a few respectively.

This thing is seemingly fairly new and is is getting shit on by many who likely don't have many rounds through it.

I remember when a gun called a Glock came out and how all the "knowledgable" said no joy.

TDA was an answer looking for a problem.

To each their own.....

Curious what people think the best overall major manufacturer of handguns is?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM
    The CSX reminds me of the XD-E. I just went to the Springfield website and see the XD-E has been discontinued.
    Did anyone on this forum ever have any experience with the E version of the XD9?

I'll probably be a heretic for saying this, but I have an XD9 from 2004 when they were first introduced, that runs like a charm.
    Like to hear anyone's experience with the E version.
    Sorry bout the drift...
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

All new firearms tech is 'superfluous', 'useless', 'showy', 'a solution looking for a problem', 'unreliable compared to the old standard' and so on until it becomes popular.

Anything other than a brace of Queen Anne's flintlocks is just roonyism.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Did anyone on this forum ever have any experience with the E version of the XD9?

I'll probably be a heretic for saying this, but I have an XD9 from 2004 when they were first introduced, that runs like a charm.
    Sorry bout the drift...
    The only experience I had with one was finger banging at a gun counter. Seemed okay, but somewhat clunky compared to the G26 and 3913s I already had, so I didn’t bother with trying to get one.

I've been looking at videos on these and I'm not a buyer yet. But if they grow into a 4" barrel, all metal, hammer fired, SAO "G48'ish thing" I'd pounce all over it. An all metal slimline G19 in other words. It would absolutely rock.

I have a question, if this had come out before the Shield Plus, does anyone think it would be better recieved?

Site Supporter

Sorry bout the drift...
    You mean the XDe, right?

I didn't like it, personally. I wanted to. Love DA/SA.

For me, the ergos sucked. They chambered 9 and .45 in the same frame, so the grip was deep (front to back) yet extremely thin with flat sides. I found it difficult to get a solid grip, though YMMV. It also pinched my trigger finger--I think, maybe, because they wanted to offset the "deep" grip by moving the trigger break as far back as they could. It was reliable in the handful of mags I put through it. The trigger really didn't stand out, either way.

Some people like them, though. Langdon Tactical even offered a "souped up" for a while.

Site Supporter

Sorry bout the drift...
    Once bitten, twice shy. I had a rookie that ran an XD from that era. One of the first in the state. He ignored my advice to run a case of ammunition through it before showing up to qualify. He had, near as I could tell ZERO rounds through the gun before he showed up to qual. First string of fire, click instead of bang. Tap-roll-rack and click. There was no armorer support and the gun had to go back to SA for repairs. I have cursed the Croat pistol since then. One of my co-workers was a kinda exotic gun guy; ruined his issue M4 with crap parts, and ran an XD45 without issue. I still can't warm to the gun, but apparently some work.

pat

User Tag List