Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: New S&W CSX

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Julie Golob is cheesy.....
    Allow I to clarify:

Julie is an outstanding spokesman and role model for the firearm industry. The company she works for (you know the one that misses the mark on everything they make) pays her (hopefully very well) to appeal to I'm not sure whom. So my criticism for the cheesy infomercials should be on the parent company not on the paid representative.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    He likes it, yes, but it was not unalloyed praise.

He also called it “not ready”, with a lack of attention to detail, with a “lousy” “junk” hard-to-seat (and bulging) 10-round mag, and poorly executed small backstrap module (which I find to be rather bizarre myself).
    It was a well-balanced and honest review, both good and bad aspects covered.

In my experience he is a lot more balanced with his reviews than the paid representatives tend to put out.
    Yes I think his videos are good.

When one sees "nope" across a review to me it implies a negative experience. While it was obviously not all positive it was not an overall negative response or experience.

There seems to be a lot of controversy with this particular firearm....... As I've posted before by many people who've never touched it..... So the title "nope". Does not match the content..... I see that as a clickbait......YMMV

Site Supporter
    There seems to be a lot of controversy with this particular firearm... by many people who've never touched it.....
    True, but the controversy is nowhere near as bad as when the M&Ps were introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Julie is a S&W employee, and does an excellent job promoting their products. She and TLG go back years. Julie's dad was very active in USPSA. Julie has always been a class act.
    From the standpoint of the manufacturer producing a product info vid her's was quite exceptional for calling out a number or nuances beyond lowest common denominator stuff. A real shooter's observations.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Yes I think his videos are good.

When one sees "nope" across a review to me it implies a negative experience. While it was obviously not all positive it was not an overall negative response or experience.

There seems to be a lot of controversy with this particular firearm....... As I've posted before by many people who've never touched it..... So the title "nope". Does not match the content..... I see that as a clickbait......YMMV
    The "Nope" is a response to the title of the video which is "Does the S&W CSX change the Micro Compact game?".

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    The "Nope" is a response to the title of the video which is "Does the S&W CSX change the Micro Compact game?".
    Correct

But as a title it implies an overall negative view.

Kind of a thumbs up or thumbs down.

Here is a general thought on contributing to a forum. If 75 percent of my posts are sarcastic, pointing out a wrong or perceived inconsistency by someone else, or require a clarification, I ought to do something to change that.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Here is a general thought on contributing to a forum. If 75 percent of my posts are sarcastic...
    Hey, @blues !

(Ducks)

Kidding, kidding…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Here is a general thought on contributing to a forum. If 75 percent of my posts are sarcastic, pointing out a wrong or perceived inconsistency by someone else, or require a clarification, I ought to do something to change that.
    Dayum! Covid made George MEAN! Didn't know that was a symptom...

Shot and love it! Mild recoil,accurate @ 15 yards, trigger is not a problem while shooting it live! Overall, I really like this. Room for improvement, needs all black U notch rear, ameriglo yellow or orange front.

Honestly, I don’t think there is enough real estate for an optic, maybe?

Hope others follow this trend. The grip is nice, not too small, allows good control especially with the 12 round.

User Tag List