Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: New S&W CSX

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The variance in reports makes me think there's a problem in materials, manufacturing or assembly....and I don't care for paying out of pocket to beta-test products.
    Or the trigger needs breaking in?

Different people would likely describe the same trigger differently?

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Just before the vid I handled a new DAO 3913 (3953?) blued NYPD overrun (supposedly) at a shop in Lynnwood WA. About $750-800.

I owned 2-3 3913's and 908's in the past but forgot how slim and nice in the hand.

It was my understanding they were not supported by S&W to civilians or I would likely have it as we speak (btw DAO trigger was nice).

Great gat.
    They're not, and hadn't been for a while but the chances of it needing to go back to the mother ship is slim. Majority of guns, even police, see more drawer time than range time.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Or the trigger needs breaking in?

Different people would likely describe the same trigger differently?
    Feelings/reports about triggers are usually consistent, even if they're new and rough/need to break in.

The inconsistency is the red flag.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Ugly as hell, but I want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I learned to shoot pistols with a million year old 1911 in the Marines in 1982 and it was my T/O sidearm. I think the Beretta rolled out shortly after I got out. I love a good SA trigger but moved away from single stacks when I got my first USPc 40 in 1996. I don't think this is intended for first time gun owners because SA hammer fired guns are akin to manual transmissions, you need to be an aficionado of sorts, IMHO. If they turned it over to the Performance Center and massaged the trigger and made it optics ready I'd probably buy yet another gun I don't need.

Site Supporter
    Just before the vid I handled a new DAO 3913 (3953?) blued NYPD overrun (supposedly) at a shop in Lynnwood WA. About $750-800.

I owned 2-3 3913's and 908's in the past but forgot how slim and nice in the hand.

It was my understanding they were not supported by S&W to civilians or I would likely have it as we speak (btw DAO trigger was nice).

Great gat.
    Odds of that gun lasting without any support are pretty darn good.

The obvious segment leader is slimline pistols is the 365 series, with more than 1 million sold. Wonder how many copies of the CSX ending up getting sold.

The CSX reminds me of the XD-E. I just went to the Springfield website and see the XD-E has been discontinued.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

The CSX reminds me of the XD-E. I just went to the Springfield website and see the XD-E has been discontinued.
    That didn’t take long.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

This thing is like the Shield, and then the Shield Plus, in that I always wanted a thin gun with a full three finger grip with a 4" barrel. I wanted them to make a Shield with the length of grip frame as it would be with the extended magazine in place. The short barrels makes them less stable inside my belt, and the short grip slows the presentation and makes for a low probability of getting a good grip. The short slide travel means it has to have heavy recoil springs that will not last as long, and few females (those more apt to carry Condition-3) will be able to manipulate it.

I just want a narrow version of the form factor my M&P 2.0 Compact. 4" barrel and a 12 round magazine without the silly sleeve, please.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The obvious segment leader is slimline pistols is the 365 series, with more than 1 million sold. Wonder how many copies of the CSX ending up getting sold.

The XDE was thin but clunky, not small, high bore axis and well- stupid. The CSX is a nice small design, was kind of a naysayer till I played with one. Bit more filling grip than 365, shorter slide if you discount the beavertail. Made the Shield seem big!

User Tag List