Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: New S&W CSX

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Just watched this video, pretty decent review. Cliff notes:

Like Caleb, James Reeves is pissed they are late to announcements given press embargo's, when leakers always break new releases.

Trigger lightened from 7 to 5.5 ish pounds after 500 rounds. Likes the 12 round mag. Not optics ready. Thumb safety on small side. Some will get hammer bite. He could shoot it better than a Shield Plus.

This pistol cries out for some after market work, trigger and thumb safety, from someone like Novak's. I wonder if this will take more share from the Shield Plus or other brands ?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Good review. I dig James’s content. It’s funny and entertaining… but I like how he gets into some of the subjective nuances that gun buyers actually think about. Instead of just the obligatory platitudes.

In any case…

Seems like it could be a solid, reliable pistol. I feel like Smith took the Mustang/938 DNA and spun it into something distinctive enough that it separates itself from that genre of guns. I kinda think it might be a hit. But we’ll see…
    Last edited by MattyD380; 01-06-2022 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Were you in Wilmot?
    Yep. Lived in Burlington at the time.
    Back before Gander grew too fast for their own good.
    Loved the Outlet store.

I grew up a couple miles from the Wilmot Gander Mountain. We started shopping there was in was a small home sized shop but of course it built out into a big box store. I'd hunt pheasants and small game in the fields and woods directly behind it a lot. That was a great store back in the day - especially early '90s.
    Yeah I think once they closed that store and the Outlet, they started going down hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Vista461 View Post
    Yep. Lived in Burlington at the time.
    Back before Gander grew too fast for their own good.
    Loved the Outlet store.
    Burlington was the big town for a once a week or bi-weekly big time shopping trip to also pick up a filet-o-fish sandwich. True story.

Back then Gander had a gunsmith that did some nice work. Still have a revo he slicked up for my dad and it's really nice.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I grew up a couple miles from the Wilmot Gander Mountain. We started shopping there was in was a small home sized shop but of course it built out into a big box store. I'd hunt pheasants and small game in the fields and woods directly behind it a lot. That was a great store back in the day - especially early '90s.
    Through the 80s and 90s we would drive up once a month or so, and often go to Wilmot Stage Stop for dinner. Memories…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Vista461 View Post
    Yeah I think once they closed that store and the Outlet, they started going down hill.
    Agreed.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Good to see the TFB review. First, I hope the CSX does well, in the market, and performs well, for folks. Second, it is probably not my cup of tea.

1. The thumb safety appears to be too small. My thumb will naturally interface with a GI-spec safety, on a 1911. My thumb would NOT naturally interface with a Colt Mustang safety, no matter how much I tried, back in the day. An extended safety lever might be a solution, but, it might not.

2. Being a 1911 shooter, that first click just might be mistaken as the reset.

3. I worked, diligently, on the long-stroke DA trigger, in order to shoot duty revolvers well, in the Eighties. I worked, diligently, in the early Nineties, to learn the DA-to-SA transition, and to de-cock, before re-holstering. I have recently been refreshing those DA/SA skills. I would rather that my compact autos be DA/SA, or DAO.

4. I would stand in line, in the rain, to get a re-released Model 3913 or CS9.
    Last edited by Rex G; 01-06-2022 at 01:21 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Burlington was the big town for a once a week or bi-weekly big time shopping trip to also pick up a filet-o-fish sandwich. True story.

Back then Gander had a gunsmith that did some nice work. Still have a revo he slicked up for my dad and it's really nice.
    On nice summer days we’d follow it up with a long drive, often swinging by Wedl’s for a burger.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Good to see the TFB review. First, I hope the CSX does well, in the market, and performs well, for folks. Second, it is probably not my cup of tea.

1. The thumb safety appears to be too small. My thumb will naturally interface with a GI-spec safety, on a 1911. My thumb would NOT naturally interface with a Colt Mustang safety, no matter how much I tried, back in the day. An extended safety lever might be a solution, but, it might not.

2. Being a 1911 shooter, that first click just might be mistaken as the reset.

3. I worked, diligently, on the long-stroke DA trigger, in order to shoot duty revolvers well, in the Eighties. I worked, diligently, in the early Nineties, to learn the DA-to-SA transition, and to de-cock, before re-holstering. I have recently been refreshing those DA/SA skills. I would rather that my compact autos be DA/SA, or DAO.

4. I would stand in line, in the rain, to get a re-released Model 3913 or CS9.

The gun community has likely ruined the chance of seeing many more traditional DA guns.

And that is very unfortunate.

User Tag List