Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: New S&W CSX

Quote Originally Posted by Vista461 View Post
    The Firestar is better looking. I remember handling them when I worked in the Gander Mountain Gun Warehouse back in 93. Chunky little monkeys. Lol.
    I carried one concealed waaaay back in the day. Nice shooting little guns.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I’m gonna try one, just because I am stubborn. I am hopeful this will open some minds. Again, I envision “dream” of Walther, Cz etc. It will at least make the others ponder it.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    When S&W introduced the M&P 1.0, Glock was having their own troubles, leaving a big opening for a competitive pistol. Back then, there just weren't a lot of great service pistols. I believe it was Vickers who said S&W snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, over like $25 a pistol in manufacturing cost to make an excellent pistol. Of course we know, S&W gave us a combat accurate 9 that shot 6-8 inch 25 yards groups with rack ammo. Frankly, they have screwed up most every product since then, which made it the safe bet to say they would screw up the CSX, too.
    Seems like not that long ago you were balls up on shields and cores or something S&W?

Don't get me wrong my 2.0 compact patterned beyond 15 yards and went away.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Seems like not that long ago you were balls up on shields and cores or something S&W?

Don't get me wrong my 2.0 compact patterned beyond 15 yards and went away.
    I think the Shield Plus is a great pistol, and besides the 13 round magazine not really taking 13 rounds, it is one of the better S&W new products. The CORE requires an after market barrel and trigger, for my use, but is still a good pistol. Otherwise, there isn't a lot to love about recent S&W new products.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Official release:

Hammer-Fired, Metal Frame, High Capacity Micro 9mm

Smith & Wesson[emoji2400] Releases New CSX[emoji769]
    Hammer-Fired, Metal Frame, High Capacity Micro 9mm

SPRINGFIELD, Mass., (January 6, 2022) – Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ Global Select: SWBI), a leader in firearm manufacturing and design, introduces the launch of a completely new product to their line of pistols, the CSX. The CSX is built on an aluminum alloy frame with interchangeable polymer back straps, providing the user the ability to customize their level of concealment and ergonomic fit. Chambered in 9mm, the CSX holds an impressive 12+1 capacity and comes with an additional 10 round magazine for deeper concealment.

“Since the launch of the M&P Shield[emoji2400] pistol, Smith & Wesson has been invested in the compact concealed carry firearm market. Last year, we modernized and updated the legacy platform by increasing capacity and updating the trigger geometry with the release of the Shield[emoji769] Plus. With the design of the CSX, we started with a fresh canvas; providing the consumer with a completely different option for concealed carry,” said John Myles, Senior Product Manager

The CSX was designed with flexibility in mind and, despite its micro-sized frame, the CSX packs both ambidextrous slide releases and manual safeties. Additionally, the CSX comes with two changeable magazine release buttons providing left-handed shooters the option to convert from the standard right-handed magazine release. While the CSX is packed with many rich new features, it also features some of Smith & Wesson’s classic design characteristics like the optimized 18-degree grip angle and textured front and back straps. The slide has serrations on the front and rear to assist with slide manipulation. The rear serrations are accentuated with a flared design on both sides to make racking the slide even easier. The barrel is 3.1” inches and features a one-in-ten twist rate to optimize accuracy. The CSX pistol is single-action-only and is equipped with a very comfortable flat-faced trigger to provide a crisp, clean, and consistent trigger pull.

MSRP on the new Smith & Wesson CSX is $609.00.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Star Firestar rides again!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vista461 View Post
    The Firestar is better looking. I remember handling them when I worked in the Gander Mountain Gun Warehouse back in 93. Chunky little monkeys. Lol.
    Were you in Wilmot?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I’ve been giving the CSX more thought. In some ways I like the basic concept, if not the likely execution based on early reports. I’ve never cared for guns like the P938 because of the single layer safety when cocked and locked - no grip safety. I feel single action autos need that second layer, the CSX addresses it with the trigger safety.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Were you in Wilmot?
    I grew up a couple miles from the Wilmot Gander Mountain. We started shopping there was in was a small home sized shop but of course it built out into a big box store. I'd hunt pheasants and small game in the fields and woods directly behind it a lot. That was a great store back in the day - especially early '90s.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

“Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List