Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New S&W CSX

New S&W CSX

This is from Reddit and captures a new SAO 9x19 pistol with an alloy frame, 10-round and 12-round magazines, and ambi thumb safety and slide stop. Supposed to have leaked early. It looks real as S&W filed a trademark application for a firearm "CSX" in August of this year.

https://www.reddit.com/r/guns/commen...ot_another_mp/

https://www.primerpeak.com/smith-and...m-smith-wesson
    Last edited by farscott; 12-30-2021 at 02:34 PM.

Site Supporter
    Ummm, that thing is well, ummmm, Ugly.

All pictures have been pulled. Anyone have another source?
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

I would be interested in it, if it was DA/SA or just DA. I am getting to the point where I think DA is better for appendix carry even with a SCD.

I think it is kind of cool looking. I wonder if they are trying to beat Colt/CZ/Dan Wesson to market with the 1911 style trigger gun.

Screen capture.
    Name:  Screenshot_20211230-143846_Chrome.jpg
Views: 3236
Size:  24.5 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Is this something that the market was really looking for, that wasn’t already being covered by other S&W options?

I’d like to think I understand the demand for and introduction of the 10mm M&P, but this thing seems like it falls towards that 12 gauge bullpup than towards other guns.

And I’ve become a little eye-twitchy when I see SAO guns with hammers down and safeties off. I do not understand the number of times I see SAO guns hammer down. I kinda get it, if it’s “just for a pic”, but I hate seeing holstered hammer-down SAOs, and I hate seeing otherwise well-meaning people “de-cocking” their SAO guns. I think promotional pictures like this just keep that problem happening.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

It is odd looking. I'll give it that.

Not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    Is this something that the market was really looking for, that wasn’t already being covered by other S&W options?

I’d like to think I understand the demand for and introduction of the 10mm M&P, but this thing seems like it falls towards that 12 gauge bullpup than towards other guns.
    Subcompact, moderate capacity, slim SAO with a (hopefully) quality and ergonomic manual safety? Only thing currently filling that niche is the 365, and that's only if you count its safety as good, which not everyone does. Smith's current offerings don't really count because the EZs are lower capacity (and the grips are a bit long to call them subcompact) and the Shield manual safety is worse than useless.

This is the subcompact many people who prefer SAO have been waiting for. I don't currently have the funds or attention span for an "in between" gun to split the difference between a 1911 and an LCR, but if I did, I'd probably be waiting for this to shake out and planning to get one if there aren't major problems with it.

A trigger safety and a thumb safety? 🤔

My thought to a friend and forum member was, if it was to grab the interests of the first timer, y'all gonna give them SAO?

Is it to compete with, say, the Sig 938 size?
    Very strange.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Interesting, could easily fill the same role a staccato c does , probably cheaper....hopefully it gets to market quicker than the Dan Wesson DWX..
    Skinner Precision LLC official Account
    07 Manufacturer specializing in Competition Rifles

User Tag List