Thread: My 2022 schedule so far

My 2022 schedule so far

Please pardon the shilling, but this is something that has to get done. People keep asking me for my schedule for next year, so I may as well do the total car salesman thing and post it here as well. I still have a bunch to add but they are not all finalized yet, so there will be additions to this soon. There should be announcements for Spokane, Pittsburgh, Denver, Austin, Orlando, and a couple others.

January

14-16

IAC

Meadhall Range, OKC

register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/immedia...rf7whTjX_SsJNY

February

24-30

IAJJ/IAP

Fairfax, VA

register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cecil-b...s-172156995207

12-13

John Murphy – Concealed Carry: Advanced Skills and Tactics

(IAC hosting)

Phoenix, AZ

Register: https://www.fpftraining.com/fpf-cale...actics-phoenix

March

11-12

Close Contact Handgun

Casa Grande, AZ

Register: https://independencetraining.square....rue&cst=custom

25-27

Rangemaster Tactical Conference

Dallas, TX

April

1-3

IAC

Royal Range, Nashville

Register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/immedia...s-169686076623

May

June

10-12

Counter Assault in an NPE (Bolke, Burch, Haggard)

Meadhall Range, OKC

Register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/npe-cou...s-235673123657

July

TBD

IAJJ/IAP

Tulsa, OK

August

September

11-12

Entangled Handgun

Indiana

TBD

IAC

PNW

October

1-3

NPE Counter Robbery w/ Darryl Bolke, Chuck Haggard, Cecil Burch

LaCrosse, Wisconsin

November

4-5

Entangled Handgun

Phoenix, AZ

TBD

Craig Douglas (IAC hosting)

TBD

Casa Grande, AZ

Register:
    Last edited by Cecil Burch; 01-04-2022 at 04:11 PM.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Looking forward to the details on the counter assault class in OKC.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I am interested in the entangled handgun class in Indiana. What are the prerequisites for that class?

Quote Originally Posted by JWH View Post
    I am interested in the entangled handgun class in Indiana. What are the prerequisites for that class?

Basically that you are safe with a handgun and can draw it safely from a holster. And be prepared for a lot of physical work.

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    Looking forward to the details on the counter assault class in OKC.

Here you go:

Defending yourself against violent assault in a Non-Permissive Environment
    About this event
    There are two kind of handguns that we can use for self-defense – Going to Trouble guns, and Getting Out of Trouble guns. While we would all prefer to carry full size duty guns with multiple spare magazines (Going to Trouble guns) as our EDC set up, the fact is that most of us cannot 100% of the time. Because of various restrictions – whether legal, social, or environmental, we often have to defend ourselves with gear that may not be the best when we are shooting fancy drills on the square range (i.e. Getting Out of Trouble guns). Instead of bemoaning that truth, we need to spend the time working on being able to run our actual carry to the best of our ability. That is what this course is all about.

In this class, we will look at how to effectively shoot and manage the smaller handguns that are typical of a non-permissive environment – i.e. snub revolvers and small autos like the G43 or LCP. We will learn to maximize our performance in shooting as well as accessing and drawing these guns. We will also integrate the shooting with understanding how to recognize and deal with impending violent criminal assault, and how to use OC spray and physical responses alongside our firearms. Most importantly, we will put these practices into actual use the exact same way we will have to use them in the real world; NOT the artificial constraints of a flat range.

Students should be ready to work hard, but everyone can go at the most appropriate pace they need. This is not a class for “operators”. This is a course for everyday folks who want to defend themselves and their loved ones from realistic threats, and your physical condition or experience level does not matter.

Students will need their carry gun, as many spare ammo carrier/loader set ups as they can manage, a quality holster (no SERPAs or FOBUS rigs allowed), 300 rounds of ammo, one blue gun and holster for the blue gun, notebook and pen, and an open mind. Also, this will be an opportunity to try different carry positions such as pocket or ankle. There will also be time and opportunity to try out other small guns that the student may not have the chance to run before.

Friday – Intro to pre-assault cues, pre-fight threat containment and MUC, OC use, and live fire safety briefing

Sat – 1st block: live fire, familiarity with drawstroke from various carry positions, tricks with small guns

2nd block: MUC and reactive or proactive physical response

3rd block: OC usage drilling and integration with verbals and movement, congruency with physical responses

4th block: live fire

Sunday – 1st block: live fire

2nd block: defending against the entanglement

3rd block: moving in crowds with a gun in hand (blue gun)

4th block: final drill/test

Looking forward to having you up in the PNW again, Cecil.

Quote Originally Posted by marcin View Post
    GREAT to see you here, sir. PM inbound.
    ”When antisemitism moves from the shameful fringe into the public square, it is not about Jews… it is about the surrounding society or the culture or the country. It is an early warning system—a sign that the society itself is breaking down. That it is dying.” -Bari Weiss

Quote Originally Posted by marcin View Post
    Definitely looking forward to seeing you again dude.

User Tag List