Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I’ve been on a shotgun binge, TAC-14 edition

Between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I just got the same lesson with a Lodge cast iron charcoal camp grill used very sporadically in the last fifteen years. Left it in the outbuilding only to discover before the move that I have some orange rust on a portion of the cooking surface. So far I have just stopped the damage by using CLP as we are still in the pack/unpack part of our move. It looks like I will need something a bit more aggressive to resurface the grill.
    My spouse is sort of a "foodie," and very particular about her cookware, including the rusty cast iron (new or old). She basically scrubs the crap out of it with plain steel wool to get the rust (mostly) off, then she rinses off the leavin's with water (no soap), wipes it down with a paper towel and immediately applies cooking oil to it, and then puts it in the oven at around 350 F for an hour or two. I think she got that technique right from Lodge, but I may be wrong about that. She is one of those people who considers removing any "seasoning" to be a high crime.

I once suggested using Ballistol on one of her skillets, and if looks could kill...

(It is supposedly a disinfectant, burn ointment, emulsifier, insect repellent and who knows what else, so I thought I was just being helpful. Wrong. Again.)
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    When I set up my tac-14 recently, I was disappointed to find that the Wilson +1 I already had in my shotgun parts box didn't fit the new mag tube threads -- they've changed the threads.

I ended up using this one, with a Wilson spring and follower -- works fine.

https://www.briley.com/p-62048-remin...auge-only.aspx
    Thanks for posting this.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Thanks for posting this.
    Please see my follow-up post, wherein I discover I was wrong about it not fitting...but I prefer the Briley extension in any event!

Please see my follow-up post, wherein I discover I was wrong about it not fitting...but I prefer the Briley extension in any event!
    OK, thanks.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Revisiting my tac14. How’s the recoil with the “brace”?
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse870 View Post
    Revisiting my tac14. How’s the recoil with the “brace”?
    It’s not bad (if you’re just wearing a hoodie) for 15-20 rounds with the brace I have on it. I wouldn’t want to do a class with it unless I was running body armor of some sort.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    It’s not bad (if you’re just wearing a hoodie) for 15-20 rounds with the brace I have on it. I wouldn’t want to do a class with it unless I was running body armor of some sort.
    Which brace are you using?

Name:  A3441CE8-937C-4FBB-AA54-8C65AE0614A6.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  54.2 KB

Which brace are you using?
    Whatever this is. It came with the Tac-14 when I bought it. Looks like an SB-Tactical SOB.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I’ve been on a shotgun binge, TAC-14 edition

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Whatever this is. It came with the Tac-14 when I bought it. Looks like an SB-Tactical SOB.
    It is the SOB… have one that I have on AR15.com for sale. Got it with the Suarez folder… when it was legal to put a folder on the TAC-14.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    It is the SOB… have one that I have on AR15.com for sale. Got it with the Suarez folder… when it was legal to put a folder on the TAC-14.
    I must be late to the party - why is it illegal to put a folder on the tAC-14? My guess would be because the shotgun can be fired with the folder folded and the OAL length is too short, correct?
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

User Tag List