Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I’ve been on a shotgun binge, TAC-14 edition

What is the best brace to put on a Tac 14 ?

I’ve been on a shotgun binge, TAC-14 edition

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I must be late to the party - why is it illegal to put a folder on the tAC-14? My guess would be because the shotgun can be fired with the folder folded and the OAL length is too short, correct?
    ATF put out a letter for AR pistols, since over 26” OAL and adding a vertical grip makes it a firearm…

People were asking a lot of questions, especially about LAW adapter with the brace. So, they came up with the brace is an accessory, so OAL isn’t measured with the brace extended… like on a stock. And because it is a brace in this situation, it is included.

So, folder on TAC-14, you measure folded. Unless you increase the barrel to 16”, you are likely at 24” with it folded (similar to if you did a pistol grip). That makes an AOW. If you are going to Form 1 it, same price… just SBS and put a stock on there.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    What is the best brace to put on a Tac 14 ?
    I like the SBA3, which is what I have on mine.

Sure wish Remington milled a rear sight channel in the receiver.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Late to the party again

Got to sample some Tac-14s last Sept @ a DB SG tuneup @ the CADDO SO range but didn’t receive one until Friday. Adding an optic (Holo 507C-GR X2 maybe) but will end up w/ something very sim. to what’s pictured that a tact. friend loaned me for fam fire till mines been milled.

Name:  5FF0D4A8-433F-429A-81B6-9AF4CCA05505.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  100.5 KB

I’ve seen the synthetic stocked ones in stores in 12 and 20 gauge but I really would prefer one with the wood furniture

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I’ve seen the synthetic stocked ones in stores in 12 and 20 gauge but I really would prefer one with the wood furniture

Like many things in the gun and shooting world now, if you want one, get what you can when you can. Waiting for the exact variation you want may leave you with none in the end. Stocks can be changed pretty easily later.
    Last edited by Malamute; 07-17-2022 at 09:09 PM.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I hadn't seen them in stock anywhere since before Covid until I saw this listing:
    https://www.smga.com/remington/870-t...wd-3-58559??wk

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I hadn't seen them in stock anywhere since before Covid until I saw this listing:
    https://www.smga.com/remington/870-t...wd-3-58559??wk
    REALLY like the wood furniture on that JRB but the MLOK options for mounting a stick & light trump my needs + the < $425. I paid.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    REALLY like the wood furniture on that JRB but the MLOK options for mounting a stick & light trump my needs + the < $425. I paid.
    I think most of us that buy a hardwood TAC-14 are buying it for grins and good vibes, not as a working gun. I opted for the former after doing all the math adding up a TAC-14 build for serious work. By the time it was SBS'd and Vang Comp'd and set up for 'social work', I realized the costs were just shy of buying a 1301 outright.

Then of course I started looking at Langdon options for 1301 and *that* price went up too... so I decided avoid the hole altogether and stay happy with a hardwood TAC-14 in the safe and an already-vetted old school Mossberg 500ATP Mariner for shotgun work.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I think most of us that buy a hardwood TAC-14 are buying it for grins and good vibes, not as a working gun. I opted for the former after doing all the math adding up a TAC-14 build for serious work. By the time it was SBS'd and Vang Comp'd and set up for 'social work', I realized the costs were just shy of buying a 1301 outright.

Then of course I started looking at Langdon options for 1301 and *that* price went up too... so I decided avoid the hole altogether and stay happy with a hardwood TAC-14 in the safe and an already-vetted old school Mossberg 500ATP Mariner for shotgun work.
    Yeah, it reminds me of those Witness Protection guns that showed up in the gun mags in the 80s or 90s.

User Tag List