Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Project for the HK P30 Admirers

The best P30 optics setups I have seen have the backing plates TIG welded into the left-side slide cavities and then drilled and tapped- is that plate held in place solely by screw tension? Does it hold a proper zero?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Sig now offers optics ready slides for the 226 and 229. I respect the craftsmanship of this, but for the P30 to be a viable optics platform, HK needs to offer a factory slide that is optics ready. I bet a bunch of people would buy them, along with USP optics slides.
    I still look at dots on pistols with a Get Off My Lawn attitude, but if H&K issued P30 and P30L optic ready sides, I'd buy 2 and 1 respectively, just because I *might* change my tune (get old?) at some point.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

DEG, superb write-up; thanks for the detailed descriptions. Great project.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    The best P30 optics setups I have seen have the backing plates TIG welded into the left-side slide cavities and then drilled and tapped- is that plate held in place solely by screw tension? Does it hold a proper zero?
    It’s my understanding that Mark / L&M Precision did his work as you described with the TIG welding. I think the plate is there for additional purchase for the screws rather than anything more structural, but I’m out of my lane on this one.

Edited to add: There are one or two others on the forum with P30s that L&M worked on (@Default.mp3) and I believe they have a lot more experience with the setup. I’ll report back on how well mine holds zero with the RMR. I adjusted it yesterday and plan on keeping track of the rounds.
    Last edited by DEG; 12-30-2021 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Adding info

The P30 is the pistol that I most closely associate with the early days of Pistol Forum. Back then, compared to a Glock, it was more accurate, more reliable and with a hammer, very appendix friendly. Flash forward to today, and a lot has changed.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Very cool to have so many great options. Yes, I think it was finding out about TLG’s P30 tests that initially led me to the site. There is still a lot of gold in past threads to dig up for those who love to read. I’m definitely getting nostalgic now - it’s gotta be the time of year!

Site Supporter
    Some of these older threads should be indexed so that we and others can access them. I say should be. Let me say that it would be nice if cluster man would do this.😁 My opinion is that organizing and indexing them would add to the site's excellent status. I would do it, but I got a pea brain that's fuzzy.

Quote Originally Posted by DEG View Post
    There are one or two others on the forum with P30s that L&M worked on (@Default.mp3) and I believe they have a lot more experience with the setup. I’ll report back on how well mine holds zero with the RMR.
    I've lost zero twice, on the same gun, at 9568 and 18880, due to the rear right screw head snapping off both times (currently at 21961). My other gun has held up with no loss of zero for 7534 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by DEG View Post
    Very cool to have so many great options. Yes, I think it was finding out about TLG’s P30 tests that initially led me to the site. There is still a lot of gold in past threads to dig up for those who love to read. I’m definitely getting nostalgic now - it’s gotta be the time of year!
    I would love to read his stuff on the P30. Searching from my phone isn’t turning up much; I’ll try it from a computer later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Risto View Post
    I would love to read his stuff on the P30. Searching from my phone isn’t turning up much; I’ll try it from a computer later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://pistol-training.com/archives/1984

User Tag List