Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: A Project for the HK P30 Admirers

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    I'm excited for the potential renewed interest in these platforms, if only to help encourage HK to import more freakin LEM kits for once!
    Amen, brother. Been on the hunt for some time and still hoping to get an in-stock email.

Still waiting on Wright Armory to finish up all their work on my P30LS, just the Cerakoting left, before it heads back to LWG.

That being said, their CS leaves much to be desired thus far. I have another slide in with them, and it's been sitting there waiting to ship for over a week now (well, that and reassembly... even though I had shipped in a stripped slide). Their phones can be very slow, as I sat on hold for roughly two hours to be told that the shipping is backed up, and that this slide should ship out soon. I hope their machine work is better than their CS and shipping department.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Still waiting on Wright Armory to finish up all their work on my P30LS, just the Cerakoting left, before it heads back to LWG.

That being said, their CS leaves much to be desired thus far. I have another slide in with them, and it's been sitting there waiting to ship for over a week now (well, that and reassembly... even though I had shipped in a stripped slide). Their phones can be very slow, as I sat on hold for roughly two hours to be told that the shipping is backed up, and that this slide should ship out soon. I hope their machine work is better than their CS and shipping department.
    Yeah, my experience with them back in early '20 was not a good one, and won't go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post

I remain optimistic that the work will be good, but must agree with others here who express concerns about CS. After 5 months, They finally milled the slide on the 10th of March and did the Cerakote on the.27th. Now its awaiting sights, so I still have no idea when it might be back in my hands. I am not ordinarily a patient man but have distinguished myself in this endeavor. Wright could benefit greatly from studying Cajun Gun Works' process. I hope, after a shakedown period with the P30, that I don't end up saying, "Fuck it, I'm going with the CZ." But how else can know for sure?

Finally got my P30 slide back from Wright Armory. The work looks fantastic and I only had to give it six clicks of windage to zero it. It was at Wright's for 33 weeks, though, so their production control wins no award.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    Finally got my P30 slide back from Wright Armory. The work looks fantastic and I only had to give it six clicks of windage to zero it. It was at Wright's for 33 weeks, though, so their production control wins no award.
    I got mine back a couple three weeks ago. I sent it in at the end of the I-dot $400 promo, whenever that was. Looks like good work, need another Holosun to try it out.
    Shipping to AK killed me.

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    I got mine back a couple three weeks ago. I sent it in at the end of the I-dot $400 promo, whenever that was. Looks like good work, need another Holosun to try it out.
    Shipping to AK killed me.
    Shipping to Ohio was $63. I looked up what UPS 3 day with $800 insurance would run me and the answer was $21.88. Forgot to mention that in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    Shipping to Ohio was $63. I looked up what UPS 3 day with $800 insurance would run me and the answer was $21.88. Forgot to mention that in my post.
    Yeah they hosed me on shipping costs too. $72 for two slides to TX. There’s no reason they couldn’t put both of those in a USPS small flat rate box for $10 plus the cost of insurance.

As much as they charge for the work they really should just build shipping into that. The whole return shipping process really makes it feel like they are nickel and diming you to death.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Yeah they hosed me on shipping costs too. $72 for two slides to TX. There’s no reason they couldn’t put both of those in a USPS small flat rate box for $10 plus the cost of insurance.

As much as they charge for the work they really should just build shipping into that. The whole return shipping process really makes it feel like they are nickel and diming you to death.
    I'm very grateful to have gotten your pistol with all the work done so I don't have to go through that crap again. If I wear out 2 P30s in the time I have left I'll be very surprised.

Is Wright Armory the only shop doing ACRO cuts on the P30? I was really hoping to see a lower direct mill, but from what I read the FPB may prevent that.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List