Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: A Project for the HK P30 Admirers

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    This, but the TS is more along the lines of a 1911/M&P safety than an HK safety.
    I just want the one they already make and sell in Europe.

Name:  F13E988E-6230-4FD1-87A2-10C22D314BF9.jpeg
Views: 520
Size:  60.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

Are you sure they actually make and sell that? I've never heard of it actually being in the wild, and have only seen stock pictures of it. My assumption is that while a SKU exists, H&K likely doesn't actually actively sell it, and instead just has it available in case an agency wants something with a manual safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Are you sure they actually make and sell that? I've never heard of it actually being in the wild, and have only seen stock pictures of it. My assumption is that while a SKU exists, H&K likely doesn't actually actively sell it, and instead just has it available in case an agency wants something with a manual safety.
    I guess I do have to apologize to our European brethren. Because when I think "sell firearms in Europe" - I strictly think about LE/MIL sales.

No idea if that variant has ever made it out into the wild.

I want more of a USP safety than a P30S safety.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

That actually looks like a pretty well thought out design, I’d totally give VP9s a shot if they’d come with that.

That is really, really appealing. I just switched to shooting Glock (from the P30) to give the RDS a good go. If these work out, I can see my
    going back to my HKs.

Any thoughts on the execution of this system? Or on the height of the optic?

One of the reasons I prefer the P30 is it conceals so much better for me AIWB, with narrower top of slide and rounded slide corners. Putting a 507k on a P30 might be the ticket, if it doesn't sit too high.

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    That is really, really appealing. I just switched to shooting Glock (from the P30) to give the RDS a good go. If these work out, I can see my
    going back to my HKs.

Any thoughts on the execution of this system? Or on the height of the optic?

One of the reasons I prefer the P30 is it conceals so much better for me AIWB, with narrower top of slide and rounded slide corners. Putting a 507k on a P30 might be the ticket, if it doesn't sit too high.
    Oops, no context...

I was referring to the new Wright I-dot milling system for HK pistols.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    Oops, no context...

I was referring to the new Wright I-dot milling system for HK pistols.
    It looks like the i-Dot system may be a refinement of the L&M Precision method, but it’s TBD. Regarding the optic height, this is a comparison of the P30 from the op with a 507 compared to a G19 with an RMR.

Name:  293D875C-1CBD-411F-A33C-A666B98C9EC8.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  42.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    That actually looks like a pretty well thought out design, I’d totally give VP9s a shot if they’d come with that.
    If I could have a VP9 with that and a G19-ish grip length (hell, just make it take USPc mags) I’d never look at a PPQ or thumb safety M&P again. And I do like the Walthers and constantly think about getting an M&P.

Looks like lazy wolf is either doing a similar mount or using Wright armory. Good looking setup.

Edit - maybe it's an old l&m cut? No details either way.

http://instagram.com/p/CYrznqnPH3J/
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

User Tag List