Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: A Project for the HK P30 Admirers

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    http://instagram.com/p/CY2Wu1Fr8JL/

Another company doing hk dot work. I don't know anything about them but happened by them while browsing ig and wanted to share.
    I believe that Impact Machine is run by Scott Milam, the son of the owner of Cajun Gunworks David Milam. He works closely with Brandon Bunker, one of the best 1911 gunsmiths around. I noticed his work a while back when I saw that he was doing Holosun 509T cuts on CZ P07/P09’s. I haven’t sent him anything yet, but it’s promising to have another skilled machinist doing optic cuts vs a lot of the fly by night shops around. On another note, I’d love to see what Wright’s i-DOT plates look like to see if they have recoil lug/indexing pins and if they hold close tolerances. I was going to send a P30L to L&M but never got to it before Mark retired.

I already have a USP9C slide with him... He has some VERY cool stuff going on. Direct mill 509T apparently (not sure if it's ready for prime time yet or not), sights forward or back. Looking at whether the ACRO is feasible or not. Nice dude, very responsive, and not afraid of any challenge.

Word to the wise for the other businesses out there. You never know who your customers are, so give everyone the time of day unless they give you reason not to. It's a common damn problem in this industry full of curmudgeons. I contacted quite a few other machinists since earlier this year, looking for someone to even attempt this. I understand why many wouldn't want to, and how it could interfere with their other business. I was (and am) willing to drop thousands like it's nothing, because when I want something I'm serious. Couldn't even get the time of day from most of them more than a sentence or two max email. This dude Scott was the only one that gave me the time of day, and he didn't know me from Adam. I don't care where this journey goes, he's earned my business!

Once we get a config figured out, I'm planning on sending 2x P2K's, a P30, an HK45, and maybe also a spare VP9 slide. Just my opinion but, for the HK enthusiasts out there, I feel like it's a good idea to nurture anyone willing to offer custom work/parts for these platforms since most won't bother.

(Not mine, pics of someone else' from him)
    Name:  263718606_630015741459811_7267502455994794275_n.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  53.7 KB

Name:  image0.jpeg
Views: 515
Size:  98.1 KB

I sent my P30 in to Wright Armory to get the I-dot treatment. They estimated it would take 6-8 weeks.

I'll be slumming with a G19x with optic until then. The optic thing has been a long time coming, can't wait to try it on the P30.

Quick update on Impact Machine. If you're on the fence, feel free to use me as your guinea pig. First order was placed. A USP9C with ACRO cut to the rear w/ Glock dovetail in front, and whole slide DLC coated. After that, in a couple weeks, next up will be a P30, P2K, HK45, and probably a VP9. I don't want to take over this thread though, and I'll make a separate one in a few weeks once the first one gets here. Sorry @DEG if this was a distraction!

Just got off the phone with Wright Armory. The fellow checked on my slide and explained that they have stopped welding on the HKs due to heat treatment/slides cracking. They are only doing I Dots going forward. They sent out emails explaining this but I didn't get it or didn't see it. I imagine they were waiting for me to authorize a change in my order as I had requested the rear sight in front of the optic. He said it will likely be another month before its done. Guess I should have called sooner but its not like I don't have any pistols to shoot. I'm pretty happy with this customer service experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    Quick update on Impact Machine. If you're on the fence, feel free to use me as your guinea pig. First order was placed. A USP9C with ACRO cut to the rear w/ Glock dovetail in front, and whole slide DLC coated. After that, in a couple weeks, next up will be a P30, P2K, HK45, and probably a VP9. I don't want to take over this thread though, and I'll make a separate one in a few weeks once the first one gets here. Sorry @DEG if this was a distraction!
    Yeah bro, this is a thread for P30s, not your antiquated USP Compacts. Come back when you've realized the superiority of the Spider-Man grips.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    No distraction here - sounds like you have some great plans in motion and looking forward to seeing the results!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    I sent my P30 in to Wright Armory to get the I-dot treatment. They estimated it would take 6-8 weeks.

I'll be slumming with a G19x with optic until then. The optic thing has been a long time coming, can't wait to try it on the P30.
    I really like the G19x and G45. I know this is a tangent, but am curious who did the 19x slide work for you and how you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by DEG View Post
    I really like the G19x and G45. I know this is a tangent, but am curious who did the 19x slide work for you and how you like it.
    Maple Leaf. I don't have anything to compare it with, but it was quick, the optic fits snug, looks clean and works well. Thumbs up.

I sent two slides to Wright Armory today to get cut for 509Ts. The wait begins.

User Tag List