Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dick Marcinko has died

Dick Marcinko has died

Dick Marcinko of SEAL Team 6 has died:

https://www.navytimes.com/breaking-n...team-six-dies/

That guy had a hell of a run. RIP, sir.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I know there was a lot of controversy around him, but I admired him and when I met him at a book signing about 25ish years ago he was very gracious.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    That guy had a hell of a run. RIP, sir.
    Yes he did! A man who grabbed life by the balls. I loved listening to him narrating his books on tapes during the 90s. Whatever controversy surrounded him is at pay grades and tiers way above my head.

May his memory be eternal.

I met him at a Blade Show in New York City. He was set up next to/with Ernest Emerson & Emerson Knives. Dick signed a poster for my son.

RIP. We are Diminished!

RIP Demo Dick.

When I was in Junior High, a friend of mine got a copy of Rogue Warrior. He read it and loaned it to me. I had a strict as shit Baptist grandmother whose house I went to to get off and on the school bus. Well, I left my backpack there one evening with my friends copy of Rogue Warrior in it.

Nosy grandmothers will be nosy. She found the book and read a good bit of it. To say she wasn’t impressed would be an understatement. The only way I got the damn thing back was because it was not mine, but a friends. So she gave it back to me with the instruction that it’d never be in her home again.

A week later I got my parents to buy me my own copy that I kept at home. Unlike her, they didn’t give a shit if I read the stories of a foul mouthed SEAL.

RIP Commander Marcinko.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I know there was a lot of controversy around him, but I admired him and when I met him at a book signing about 25ish years ago he was very gracious.
    Me too. It was a Borders in Dearborn MI. CJ Carcci was also there so I asked for his autograph too.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    Me too. It was a Borders in Dearborn MI. CJ Carcci was also there so I asked for his autograph too.
    Chris Caracci was my first SWAT trainer when he was a cop in Ft. Lauderdale and my team went through their SWAT school in Miami and the Everglades.

My only (known) intersection with Marcinko was when he wrote about an incident I witnessed and reported where a SEAL plummeted to his death in Marana, AZ in early 1988. (Our agency used the same training facility where the SEALs did HALO jumps.)

R.I.P., sir.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I really enjoyed reading Rouge Warrior and Red Call. They kind of went off the deep end after that…. But he was entertaining.

Rest In Peace sir.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

User Tag List