Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory SA-35 Introductional Pics

Watching this thread as well. I am still a sucker for this design and have been trying to track one down… hope to find one local soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post
    Watching this thread as well. I am still a sucker for this design and have been trying to track one down… hope to find one local soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m interested in how this goes too, but I’ll probably wait a while before trying to find one.

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post
    I'm watching as well, though my fascination is the continued interest in this design in 2022. Why do they retain that goofy slide stop, other than for nostalgia??

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I'm watching as well, though my fascination is the continued interest in this design in 2022. Why do they retain that goofy slide stop, other than for nostalgia??
    The slide stop, while goofy in appearance, does serve to cover the slide stop notch in the slide. Serves as a bit of a dust cover that way.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I put another 100 rounds through the gun this morning. Brings the total to 150. Not enough to declare the gun "good to go" but also enough to think it might be okay.

There have been no failures of any kind using a mix of mags. A couple OEM Hi-Power mags and a couple that are unmarked. Shooting groups at 25 yards indicates that the gun shoots okay but nothing extraordinary. 2.5" or 3" groups are about the norm.

Not much of an update but I'm slowly getting there.

According to this thread, SA35 production was halted due to QC issues. Also a move to the production facility:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry...S-/784-300429/

Guns are back in production and should be shipping now.

This video reminds me that I really need to put the SA-35 to its use.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/con...sXMzB_x-H3OXK8

Haha! Another reminder that I need to put more ammo through my SA-35.

https://www.thearmorylife.com/heirlo...EfJxCNpl5UN2LA

I had not seen that armorylife article, but had seen something about Jason Burton doing an SA-35 before. So many seem to think that the SA-35 is Turkish junk compared to the FN/Browning. Wonder if they think Jason Burton would associate himself with working on Turkish junk?

I've owned a number of FN/Browning Hi Powers since the '60s and admit that since the first, have been a fan. I used one my first trip to Gunsite, carried one off duty, etc. The FNs are excellent, but when I got an SA-35 over a year ago, I thought overall build quality, machine work, etc. was as good as my FN/Browning guns. Reliability has been flawless with the several types of factory ammo I've used, and accuracy is also as good as my FN/Brownings. Looks like Mr. Burton and Mr. Leatham might not disagree with my evaluation of the SA-35..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Haha! Another reminder that I need to put more ammo through my SA-35.

https://www.thearmorylife.com/heirlo...EfJxCNpl5UN2LA

That is beautiful and I don’t use that word often when talking about guns. I don’t really dig the extended beaver tails people put on HiPowers but I can understand why people with larger hands might want them.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List